Fisher and Titans are completely lost without Vince Young.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Kaeotik, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

We haven't fallen apart? wtf?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He's never been outright benched. He's lost his job to injury. There's a difference. If you can't stay healthy that's not the coach's fault.

Go ahead and use the game against Pitt, but VY's total lack of effectiveness earned a benching.

3. Fry

He had surgery! A surgery that takes 12 weeks to recover from! He wasn't going back in the game whether he wanted to or not!

You conspiracy theorists are too much sometimes.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

He was outright benched for the entire 08 season. That injury was not a season ending one. In 09 He could have started the first 6 games and was not injured. Theres more than 20 games right there. Then you have Pittsburg, Miami, & Washington. 95% of those aren't games missed due injuries, & if they are it wasn't too bad, Vince wanted to play and wasn't allowed.

5. Fry

If you can't avoid injuries that makes you prone to them, hence "injury prone."

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Excuses excuses.

Like I said, both of them need to go. I'm through with both of them.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Case in point...

Fisher said VY was done regardless of the injury.

Fisher ended Vince's season...it's not becuase of Vince's finger injury.

Anybody else notice this?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

He was hurt and we were winning with Kerry Collins. Why dispute that? We had the best record in the league with Kerry Collins playing game manager, something VY has never shown he can do(especially at that point).

Again, Collins played well the year before and we were a few fumbles away from advancing to the AFCC game. Why go with a new starter at the most important spot on the field? I wanted VY in at 0-3, but I don't see a point in making the change during the off-season.
    VY played like garbage against Pitt and should have been benched. He was responsible for drive killing turnover after another.

He totally could have played against Miami.

And no, he couldn't have gone back into the Washington game. He had surgery on his hand that will take three months to rehab. If you REALLY think that him having surgery to re-attach a tendon in his thumb means he could accurately throw and actually grip the ball, then I guess I'm better off talking to a wall.

9. TxTitansFan

TxTitansFan Camp Fodder

He had surgery because his season was over. There are reports that he could have finished the season.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Maybe Young would have had a shot to play in the playoffs if he didn't throw another temper tantrum after getting booed (and rightfully so). Oh but he got hurt, well what else is new? He's always hurt. And then he gets booed again this year and like an idiot he encourages more boos then gets hurt (nothing new) and then throws another tantrum (also nothing new). What am I missing here? Why do we want this guy playing the most important position on the field? He's a terrible leader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar