Fisher and his 'Keep it Close Mentality'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rock8titans, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The "keep it close mentality" doesn't bother me as much as the "Defeatest attitude" of saying, They're going to score points we just going to try and keep up.

Go in saying, We're going to deny these !@#$$ and smack em hard!

If you don't go in with any confidence, you sure won't leave with any...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

It has nothin do with being intimidated by Manning, it is about being down by 2 touchdowns at the beginning of the 3rd, having already given up 24 points in the first half. Even if we kick the 2 FG's we still lose by 4. And that's even assuming that we still hold the Colts to only a FG in the second half.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. Like when reporters ask Fisher why they don't blitz Peyton. He usually says something like "well, you're just not going to get to him. So we don't do it". Wtf kind of coach says that?

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Exactly, his defeatist attitude....guess he wants to feel like a winner by ceding defeat to the Colts before the game...

5. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

You do have a serious problem stringing together logical thoughts bro! The object of the offense is to score points? NO CHIT!!! You think when fisher went for it on 4th down he was trying to punt the ball?

WHo said anything about giving manning a long field? did you read that in my post? Rather i said Fisher figured he would stop manning from getting a first down from that location on the field because it severely limits their options on offense while opening up many possibilities for titans from a multitude of ways in scoring on a safety or even a turn over.
    And regarding this silly comment
    Again you know little of your own teams history. And this is not so very distant history. Last year, when the titans had that ball in that very same position they went for it on every 4th down and either scored a touch down on that possession (or safety) or scored a TD on the ensuing position after the punt!! EVERY SINGLE TIME BUDDY!!! Care to walk back that nonsensical theory about Florida Atlantic?

That failing they would get the ball back in good field position which is exactly what happened.

And my defending Fisher's decision in this instance while admitting my hatred for him is an indication of my objectivity, ie being able to see the right logic in a situation even if i would love to castrate the head coach. Again, your logical thought process is failing you. See some of us are very capable of properly directing our criticism of a coach in a logical way.

And finally i do find it really disturbing that you are still harping on "we had an automatic 3 points in five minutes and got nothing". Did you read the explanation given to you or not? Do you understand that the second opportunity would not have arisen had we kicked the first time?

Honestly do you get that simple concept? That after you score a field goal you are required to kick the ball off to the other team? Do you understand this? Simple answer.. YES OR NO!

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How would you know that? What moronic reason would you think that?

Stop worrying about what you think i know since i have been on this board 7 years before you checked in.

I happen to be the most logical poster on any NFL message board on the net! Just ask gunny he will tell you.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If we were playing the jags fisher kicks that FG. We worked hard to get to that far we needed to get something for it and it is not illogical with the 2 point conversion 6 points is like a TD.

Nobody knows how things are going to turn out but if fisher really thought we needed 38 points to win than the game was over already because we were never going to score that many points.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You guys know how many points we give up on average to the colts when we have a healthy sound defense?

So do not tell me that 3 points is something you pass up. In 2006 when we were horrible statistically on defense we held the colts to 14 and 17 points respectively.

Only one time when we were solid defensively did we give up more than 30 points and that was way back in 2003.

To win you have to stop them and of you can't you lose anyway so honestly i don't know what the debate is. We have a kicker who never misses from inside 30 yards. We should always take the points.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jeff needs to go catch another one of these to make me happier with his style.
    [​IMG]

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This should be reversed.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar