Fisher almost lost us the Game. We won but i aint happy.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

btw, Cincy lost too

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Nice. Looks like Denver is going to lose too.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Answers:
    1. The option appeared to be a very successful scheme. It produced big plays and created mismatches with the ball in our fastest players hands. Therefore, it should immediately be removed from the Jeff Fisher offensive gameplan, probably to make room for a half back dive play or a QB draw that he can call on 3rd and goal.

2. Harper is old and over the hill. So naturally, he starts. Over better player. How would you do it.

3. His reasoning was actually spot on. Odds are, a team that hasn't made a big play the entire game and was held to field goals for 3 and a half quarters is going to mount a 95 yard drive in 40 seconds. It only makes sense.

4. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

You guys continue to spout off without having a clue what you're talking about.
    In the 1st half the Titans had 30 offensive plays and called a pass 15 times. In the 2nd half The Titans had 28 plays and called a pass 17 times.

Maybe, just maybe the PLAYERS play with a little less purpose with a big lead?
    I know, it's so much easier to put the blame on the coach.
    90% of the people that are anti Fisher even after winning 7 of 8 are the VY fanboys. Fans of the TEAM actually see the broader picture, ya know, the one the players and coaches see.
    The Titans won 10 in a row without VY last year and now 7 of 8 with him. What's the common denominator? I'll give you a hint, he doesn't wear a number and has been ALL TITANS for 16 years.

5. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

We all know your love for Fisher and your hate for VY, you dont need to write an essay everytime we criticize Jeff or compliment Vince. So you're gonna tell me that Fish did a good job managing the game when we were up 18? You were confident that we'd win in OT after the Fins got the 2 point conversion?

I dont care about what happened before this year. Laying off the gas midway through the 3rd quarter and giving up 18 unanswered points is inexcusable. Fisher seemed content to take the game to OT especially after not using ANY of our 3 timeouts when the Fins were inside their 5 yard line.

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

What are you talking about "Laying off the gas?" Why did you totally ignore the fact I gave you that we threw the ball more in the 2nd half than the 1st after you claimed we went to the run?
    Young's QB rating is 101 in 1st halfs this season, 75 in 2nd halfs. Players either make plays or don't. Miami is a good team so they were going to show up eventually. If Griffin makes that play late we win going away in regulation.

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

8. TM

TM Starter

Fisher can't even keep up with how many time outs the other team has. Here's what he said in the post game press conference:

The fact is the Dolphins had only 1 time out.

9. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

TM:

Fisher can't even keep up with how many time outs the other team has. Here's what he said in the post game press conference:

Quote:
    (on the punts and the timeouts at the end of regulation)

We had our chance to win regulation on the series before. We went three-and-out. My gut feeling…a lot of times I make decisions like that, I gut feel. What I didn’t want to do was call timeout, send a signal to them and force them to take a shot and make a big play down the field because then they had three timeouts. We had our chance to win the game in regulation. We didn’t get it so, you know, I was playing for a tie.

The fact is the Dolphins had only 1 time out.

Unbelievable.... I kept waiting for an explanation from Fish as to why he didn't call a time out, this excuse sounds very lame to me. Certainly he was aware of how many time outs the Dolphins had? Nice showing of confidence in your team Fisher

10. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Nothing pleasures Jeff more than field goals. A field goal in overtime is a real treat.

Maybe someone can have a look back on the game tape, but was he closing his eyes and pinching his nipples when we were lined up for the game winning kick?

EDIT: It seems he did....:ha:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar