Fisher almost lost us the Game. We won but i aint happy.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amy

amy Starter

The defense was fine; the O line stopped playing in the 3rd quarter. You can't throw touchdowns if you have to dump the ball or get sacked. Vince did great considering he had no help. Reminded me of how the Preds treated Ellis yesterday. He saved their butts and the defense saved the Titans' butt. If it was Cecil's play calling, then I apologize to the line.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

How many times do we have to endure the most explosive player in the game being sent up the gut with nowhere to go. How many times do we have to see CJ tackle for a loss by DE's who've come all the way around the end in pursuit because CJ is dancing around looking for a gap up the middle.

Good defences like Miami will shutr CJ dsown because we're making it easy for them with this predictable crap that we're running.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Folks are gonna hate me for saying this but after the game was tied, (only after it was tied) i got so pissed off with fisher i actually started wishing that we lost the game out right so the chances of his getting fired could improve..

honestly..

I am not interested in sneaking into the play offs (btw our chances of that happening just improved with the jets loss) then have morons selling us jeff fisher as are freaking viable option because he made it to the play offs yet again then got beat by 30 points....

(because whoever we play will dump a crap load of points on us with that pathetic sack of manure Harper on the field)

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. amy

amy Starter

I was thinking the same thing but I was wondering if he was trying to lose on purpose. He didn't appear to be upset about anything that happened. weird; But then, his little hugs with Vince were even weirder.

5. iQon

iQon Starter

Chill out. That had more to do with Bulluck than us. No Bulluck or Thorton, that happens.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Fisherball is chite. Our defence wasn't gassed they were told to take their foot off the gas. Look where it got us.:rolleyes:

7. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Ok, Fisher likes to just take his foot off the gas and milk the clock by running then punting instead of going for more scores. Other coaches would try to build a lead but Fish just takes it conservative and relies on our D to win the game for us. This nearly cost us today.

Example, 4th and 1 at the 50 and he sends out the punt team. Resulting in a touchback then a score.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I think it makes perfect sense. When we get a decent lead he goes into ultra-conservative mode in an attempt to "hold the lead" rather than keeping his foot on the pedal and finishing teams off. We had an 18-point lead in the third quarter today so Fish decides to start playing it safe and surprise surprise,we let them right back in it. This happens time and time again with Fisher. It's incredibly frustrating. There's no reason we should've had to win that game in OT.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ but I simply call that bad coaching, not "playing not to lose"
    I agree with the statement , don't get me wrong

I remember the announcer giving Miami hell for simply kicking the FG to get to 9, then I thought to myself "it's enough for now, JEff will figure out a way to let them get close"

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I just don't buy this. Why would you WANT to go into OT when you have a chance to put the game away in regulation? It was 2nd down on their own two yard line for god's sake. With almost a minute to go. I just don't get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar