Fisher # 3 in Best Coaches list

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I guess so. My main rule in life is to never be complacent.

Complacency is the enemy of progression.

Jeff Fisher is nothing more than Phil Fulmer. And he's been that way for just as long as Fulmer was- but at least Knoxville wised up. Maybe they haven't done much since- but they're trying which gives fans a reason for hope.

As Titans fans- there's nothing to be excited about. The best thing we're going to get is an AFC championship game and that's DREAMING at this point.

2. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Make that at least 2. Last I heard Del Rio, the idiot w/ the axe, still had a job.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

And then that organization would likely suck for the next few years, get a new coach, continue to struggle, hire another coach, and repeat.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Sounds about right. I'd say if this season ends in 7-9 or worse (assuming we're not ravaged by injury) it's time to make a change. Can't keep going on like this.

But here's what bothers me about Fisher. Oh man we went 8-8 after a 0-6 start OK well we went 13-3 last year, had a 10 game win streak or whatever it was, best record in the NFL and we get bounced in the first round of the playoffs. And with big expectations we fall flat on our face but at least we salvaged the season! Well I see no reason why we can't be a playoff team this year and if we're going to have another sub .500 season and if we don't have a damn good reason (like CJ breaks his leg) then it's time to change. Superbowl winning coaches have been fired for less.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If we go 8-8 again, I'm all for a change. It's inexcusable to go two seasons in a row missing the playoffs with the talent we have.

That being said, I don't want to see Fisher go unless there are solid head coaches available.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The thing that bothers me about Fisher is his near refusal to WIN a game. He acts like a Hollywood producer who thinks it's his job just to keep people in their seats by barely scraping by and hoping for another Hollywood miracle victory.

The Great Exception was at Lambeau Field on Monday Night ripping Farve and Co. a new one, resulting in the worst buttwhoopin' at home in Packer history. Fisher didn't pull any punches then... why does he do so the rest of the time?

Steve McNair was very visibly p.o'd in Gillette Stadium at the lame playcalling that resulted in a DOG penalty... it was as if he knew what was about to happen: the game would be given away again over the Fisherball tactic. I should imagine that when he put his arm around Drew Bennett in consolation, he whispered that it truly wasn't his fault the game was lost... it was the idiot coaches who put them in that position.

Then there was the Chow era: nearly an entire half-season of stalling in the red zone. Another season where our kicker was the top scorer.

I'm just not buying the Fisher Mystique any more.

7. Deuce Wayne

Does Greg Williams not want a head coaching job anymore?

I'd take him over Fisher in a heartbeat.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Not necessarily. Look at San Diego. They fired Marty Schottenheimer after making the playoffs in a 14-2 year because the guy couldn't win when it counts. They didn't just fall off the map, they've been a contender every year since then. With a revamped game plan and everything.

9. Deuce Wayne

Baseless.

I posted a while back that every team in the playoffs other than 2 this season had new coaches.

The 2 in the Superbowl? New coaches.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yep. I'll never forget losing to the Chargers in OT after blowing a 14 point 4th quarter lead. In the same game in which the Chargers were in total disarray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar