First Round pick for Turner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanBlitz, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that sound much more like it

and i seriously believe that this will be the case

we move from 19 - 30
    and surrender a 4th (take your pick)

I damn sure hope the earlier talks of the 2nd aren't accurate because I think the 2nd round is loaded with jus as much talent as the first (in our slots anyway)

the whole 1st round pick in '08, I don't like either. It's overly optimistic to think it'd be any lower than our slot this year. I'd be happy actually, if we just got to pick in the middle in '08

it sure is a fuzzy feeling
    FINALLY .... something might happen
    and to tell you the truth ..... PUCK IT ! (the excessive intake of alcohol speaks with me) I don't really care if it's a 1st and a 3rd ...... this years 2nd ........ next years 1st .......... or the fan fav Swap and a 4th

just getter done

2. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Which is why we aren't giving up a 1st rounder for him.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

isn't it morning there?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

btw, that link 404'd

here's the story straight from the Tennessean
    http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070428/SPORTS01/704280357/1002

and of interest :

ESPN reported an unidentified team offered San Diego a first-round pick in the 2008 draft, and that the Chargers thought it was an acceptable offer.
    According to sources familiar with the trade talks, the Titans did not offer a first-round pick in 2008 and are unwilling to do so.

:eh?:

5. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

It's about value, not Turner. He could hit or miss. But this seems a higher price than is usually paid for a player with his credentials.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

3:36 am

Poker since 8:30 pm
    lots of beer
    and they tried to get me to finish off with Cabo Wabo Agave (which I had to take a few) .... all after a 12ver of Amber Bock

luckily i was just next door :grrhee:

7. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Alright, 11 spots in the first round, no biggie: I say we do it every year for backups and see what happens.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Michael Turner is no ordinary backup
    hundreds of outlets - thousands agree
    he'd start on a number of NFL teams
    imo, he's better than any current #2 back in the league
    and probably better than 1/2 dozen starting backs

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

damn skippy !!

10. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I'll say this: I'll be alright with it if we still wind up with a Meachem, Ginn, or Jarrett (or one of the other candidates we're looking at), but if we come out of tomorrow with a 1st rounder that we seemed to "settle" for, that's what I'm fearing. So my fingers are crossed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar