First Round pick for Turner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanBlitz, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

"Billy Ray Smith (SD morning radio show host) just said the Turner deal is done . . .

But he's officially an idiot.

He was on the Padres postmortem, er, post game show.

He then said he "couldn't confirm it."

Then the Padres guy asked him if it was with Tennessee, and Smith said yes, that they would swap picks.

Padres guy: "What pick does Tennessee have?"

Smith: "Somewhere in the middle - 14 or 15."

AAHHHGGGHHH!!!

The night before the friggin' draft and he doesn't know where Tennessee is picking?

is there anyone on this board that wouldn't know, off the top of their head, where Tennessee, Buffalo and Green Bay are picking?

I remember again why I don't listen to 1090. They are the WORST prepared group of sports hosts I've ever heard."

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Doubt it. Not swapping firsts and our second.

3. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

draftsharks EMAIL just in

April 28, 2007
    Saturday morning 1:40 AM EST

** Our Titans insider just told Draftsharks.com the deal is "in place" for Tennessee to acquire Chargers RB Michael Turner before the draft begins today. We've been all over this one and it's finally happening. "Book it," our source said Friday evening. The Titans will reportedly part with their 2007 1st-rounder (#19) and either their 2nd-rounder (#50) or 3rd-rounder (#80) this year for the talented 237-lb back. Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt "really wants to swap out" for San Diego's late 1st-round pick at #30 instead of donating the #19, our source adds, "but it doesn't look like that will go off." This is still a good deal for both sides, barirng a last-second coup by Green Bay. Buffalo dropped out of the Turner sweepstakes two days ago.

4. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

It looks like we're going to have to if we want Turner.

IMO I wouldn't mind:

DE @ 30 (or WR if value is good or if we could move back into the 2nd for DE)
    WR in 3rd
    CB and ? in 4th

oh, and the burner :))

5. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Bad, bad, bad value for a fourth year player who has never been a starter, is playing behind the best back in football in a run heavy system, and will demand a new contract or be upset.

I do not like the value, if true. We should be giving up a third or fourth, maximum, because (a) he'll be on the market next year anyway (b) whoever gets him is going to have to give him a new deal regardless (whether he is traded now or picked up next year) and (c) what if LenDale becomes the feature back or Turner becomes the feature back? Either we have wasted a 2nd on LenDale, or the equivalent of a 2nd (11 places in the first round) on Turner without giving the other a legitimate crack at the starting spot.

You can take a chance on players, just do so at the appropriate price. I don't like this, if true. Then again, if Turner gets 1,200 yds. next yr. everything'll be cool--however, if he doesn't, MR goes right in the @#&*house.

6. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

We already have a 5 year deal (reportedly) structured for him

7. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Debating his abilities belongs somewhere in another thread, however :ha:

8. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

if true we are completely stupid since it would have cost less or the same to just sign him away from the Chargers for a 1st and 3rd months ago.

I very much doubt the validity of this.

10. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Now this article is still saying the team who still isn't mentioned offers an '08 s 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar