First quarter report card.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We haven't given the team their first quarter report card yet :eek:

I would be scared to show my Parents this report card j/k..

Offense- C
    Defense- B+
    Special Teams- C+
    Overall- B-

I think if CJ and the OL was producing more, the offense could have easily been a (B)

Defense could be a (A) if they created maybe 1 or 2 more turnovers.

Special Teams would have been ranked alot higher if not for the kickoff return against the Steelers and then the Mariani fumble right after it.

Overall this team could have been a (B) if we could have somehow came away with a 3-1 record after 4 games..

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

QB: C+ (Vince has been hand-cuffed a bit, but also has had a really bad game against a good team).

RB: C (Johnson has below-average stats for his ilk, and it hasn't been consistent at all. Ringer has been good but vastly under-utilized).

WR: C+ (Not much to say. Britt looks okay, would like to see more of of basically everyone).

OL: D ( A usual strength of the team has been a huge liability. Johnson hasn't had much room to run and pass protection is just okay).

DL: B (Has gotten some nice pressure at times, still hasn't reached that next level. I'm happy with the rotation so far.)

LB: B (Witherspoon has been a very solid addition. Tulluch has been his usual self. Grade should improve down the line once the lineup solidifies.)

DB: C+ (Has given up a lot of yards to some mediocre quarterbacks. Certain players, namely Verner and Griffin, have individually played like studs. McCourty should settle into a nice player soon as well.)

ST: C (Bironas has been okay. The rest just hasn't looked great. Mariani looks like a mixed bag.)

Coaching: D- (What can I say, it's been a mess. Johnson is being used horribly, Young is being hidden, and Fisher just can't get out of his conservative ways. The team could be better than their record so far, especially with the way the defense has been playing).

Overall: C (.500 team, so I'm giving them a C, but the team could be trending up if certain changes are made. Namely, the conservative play calling needs to be adjusted in the 2nd half of games, especially with a small lead. This team could easily be either 1-3 (if Giants didn't hand us the game) or 3-1 (gave the game away to Denver), depending your viewpoint.)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Maroni? Not even close

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

5. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

QB: B

Other than the Steelers game, I think VY has played pretty well. He's gone the last 2 games without turning the ball over. I also believe that he's been handcuffed a bit. Plus, look at the stat rankings; they're not too shabby.

HB: C

CJ has struggled mightily. Only one of the teams we've played has had an elite rush D. I give him some credit though because he's had a huge workload, little creativity from play-calling, and disappointing O-line play. Ringer has looked good in his small amount of attempts. Ahmard is playing solid as always.

WR: B

I think the WRs have played pretty well considering our amount of pass attempts and our general offensive philosophy. They are certainly having less issues with drops than before.

TE: C

I'm impressed with how Stevens is playing. Bo Scaife is not the player I though he'd be and he's being way overpaid. Cook is either not playing how we thought he would or our coaches are mishandling him. Either way, this unit has underperformed.

O-Line: D

We can all see how bad the O-line has played. Very few holes in the run game and usually very little time in the pass game. This is all especially disheartening considering that the O-line was supposed to be our strong point.

D-Line: A-

These guys are playing great. Way too many offsides though.

LBs: B+

Witherspoon is playing lights out. Tulloch is playing very well. Allred/Winborn tend to disappear from what I can tell. I still like they way these guys have played as a unit.

DBs: B

Finnegan has played pretty well. McCourty has certainly provided exactly what we've asked of him. Alterraun has played great in limited action which is no surprise to most of us here. Griffin is playing like a pro-bowler. Hope is playing very well in run-support but his pass D has been shaky as always. Overall, they're playing a lot of "bend but don't break" that worked for 3 out of 4 games.

ST: C+

First KR since 2001!! However, I'd rather have 100 returns to the 20 without fumbling and no TDs than 100 returns with 5 fumbles and 1 TD. This grade could easily improve. Bironas has been solid. Kern has been average. Kick-off coverage has been shaky at times but generally solid.

Coaching: C+

We are 2-2 so I find it suitable to give the coaches an average grade. Play-calling is stale. We tend to look unprepared early in games. Players seem to doubt the play-calling. Fish obviously has little confidence in VY. Cecil is a complete idiot although I've liked the aggression shown by the D(again too much offsides) and I'm not sure what to think about Dinger.

Overall Grade: B-

I expected us to be at least 3-1. I was fine with the Steelers loss but the Broncos loss was a real back-breaker. I'm happy with VY, I'm happy with the D, I'm hopeful for the ST, and if we can get the O-line going, we could see a lot of success. Coaching seems to be a serious issue.

6. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Snug as a bug in a rug. Your grades were perfect.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

QB: C+ (Vince has been "limited" sometimes with the playcalling. Dominated the Raiders, and got dominated by the Steelers. Up and Down. Yet, he's got a decent comp% and QB rating - does a solid job and managing the game just doesn't put up huge #s.).

RB: C+ (CJ2K is having some major problems, and hasn't been consistent at all. Ringers been doing good in the few carries that he has. CJ this time last year had 69 carries - 423 yards - 6.1 avg, this year 94 carries - 354 yards - 3.8 avg. CJ is doing decent this year, just isn't put up the AMAZING numbers. We are however the 9th best rushing team in the NFL. Could be #1!).

WR: B- (Britt has been up and down, looks to be improving. Nate Washington has been going good as well).

OL: D+ (Amano is struggling. Roos hasn't been a "superstar" OT like normal. Jake Scott seems like he gets multiple false starts a game. Mawaes leadership is missed. OL needs to step up and the Titans will step up).

DL: A (Dave Ball 4th in Sacks in the NFL & Babin T6. Titans are in a 3-way tie for most sacks in the NFL. Just lost Derrick Morgan... but hopefully Ford/Hayes can get healthy quick)

LB: B+ (Tulloch is a tackling machine. Witherspoon was a great pick-up, and is also a great blitzer. Having McRath back may take the LB core to the next level. Thornton will be back soon as well)

DB: B- (We give up way to much passing yards, Griffin looks like he's back to his pro-bowl form. Finnegan is the fiesty firecracker like normal. Impressive play by young guns McCourty and Verner. Fuller is also doing good. Hope has been solid all year until the bonehead PI that led the Broncs to a TD.)

ST: B- (Brett Kern has been doing good, has a good avg. Bironas is doing alright. Marc returned a kick, but also has 2 fumbles. Our ST D gave up a TD and a few big returns.)

Coaching: C- (Cecil has been leading the D with a bang. However, Fisher/Dinger and the offensive playcalling can be horrible at times. Too many runs and hoping for CJ to break a big on. Although we are still .500, but could easily be 1.000. We need to keep attacking all game and not play it safe when we have a minor lead. Hopefully we can turn it around and finish strong these last 3 semesters.).

Overall GPA: 2.555
    Offense GPA: 2.164
    Defense GPA: 3.333

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Coaching:

Defence B+ Great return to form,hurt by bend don't break style when we have a lead.

Special Teams C

Improved but inconsistent

Offence Z-

F%$!*() Fisherball !"£$% :@~#';>?< t^"t

9. pettso

pettso Starter

I'd say most of the grades people are posting are pretty close to reality. I think some of the defense grades are pretty low though, you guys aren't taking into account how long they've had to be on the field for the games we've played. Our offense not being able to sustain drives is hurting our defense significantly. I think our d-line (when healthy, we'll see what happens with all these injuries) should get at worst an A- grade. Without the penalties those guys definitely deserve an A.

10. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Defense gets a B+
    Offense C-
    Special Teams C+
    Fisher D-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar