First Metal Gear Review

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Gunny, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I saw on G4 where the game has a HUGE hard-drive spool (10gb or some craziness ?) and has some 90 minute cutscenes (wtf?!) - that can't be right can it ?

I'm all for a little break-in-action, storytelling, eye-candy CGI goodness, but there's a point where you're trading on overkill
    what turned me off in Liberty and created the obstacle for me finishing off Snake Eater, not due to it in itself but that there's just too much of it, was the frequent break in the action and all the dang phone calls - would someone please get Snake a new phone ?!

just when I'm looking for a little less of it, they go and throw in more - lots more

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It wasn't made for players like you Puck. It was made for those who relish and love the series JUST for that reason. You can pause cut-scenes this time also AND the 90-minute cut-scene has been de-bunked by multiple reviewers apparently. They will be long, perhaps closing in on an hour.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

not exactly the spin I was putting on it. nor is my intent to insult it

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Nah, I didn't read "insult" at all. I think MGS has an acquired taste for all players, and I think it caters to certain people. I enjoy a cinematic experience, and I've always loved the way Kojima and his productions present them. They can be longwinded and a bit convoluted, but always worth the time.

My comment wasn't meant to be as sharp as it came off. What I meant was that all the reviews so far have said "If you love the past MGS games, then you'll love MGS4 most of all probably". It also said that those with those valid complaints most likely won't be swayed at all by this one, in fact, they will probably be more frustrated. Thus, it obviously wasn't designed for those with reservations about the style and length of the story.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The HDD install is 4GB and the 90 minute cutscene has been proven incorrect.

And snake doesn't have a phone. It's an implant similar to Splinter Cell.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Today's the day.

:nana2:

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

6 hours and 34 minutes!

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'll be getting my LE copy in about 3 hours. It helps to keep a Gamestop employee in pocket.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I got mine before work (with free DVD and poster WOW lol) however I start work at 9.30am and don't get home til 7pm.
    It's 1.20pm now and I hear it calling me. This day has dragged.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

installing mine now

:clown:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar