First Impressions: Jon Robinson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 18, 2016.

?
  1. I think the Titans got it right.

35 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Cautiously optimistic.

37 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Meh.

10 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Weak.

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Today was the first day many of us heard Robinson. If you did, what are you thoughts on the decision to hire him?

His closing remarks today:

I just had a couple closing notes here. If you only remember one thing from this presser, please remember this. This goes out to our fans. This is my home, and you guys are my family. I’ve been a Titans fan ever since ’97 when this football team moved here. We’re going to build this team the right way. All decisions that we make will be made in the best interest of this team – your football team. Please let us earn your support. I grew up on a small 10-acre farm in West Tennessee. I watched my dad get up every morning and drive to a tire plant where he worked for 30-plus years. My mother packed his lunchbox before he walked out. I helped work that farm as supplemental income. I know what hard work is. Coach knows what hard work is. I was part of an organization in New England for 12 years that is still the standard of excellence today. We’re ready to go to work for you because you’re our family. Thank you.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I think he is an idiot for having signed on with this mess and ownership. I'm not holding my breathe.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I give him an A+ on today's press conference, mostly for bailing out Underwood's F- which made me hate him and the ownership group.

I vote cautiously optimistic as he has a lot more to do than a press conference. Let's see how the draft goes.

We already know from the press conference that free agency will stick to the usual nickel and dime affair.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I uhhh....think that uhhhh... he may...uhhh..... end up being....uhhh.. a good choice

Uhhhhh

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

All bs aside...as long as he isnt speaking to the public often, we may end up happy with him. Im happy FOR the guy. Clearly he landed his dreamjob. Hard not to be happy for him as long as we dont have to hear anymore acceptance speeches.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Outside of Mariota, I think he's our only hope at this point.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 6
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Like they said on 104.5 today, his ending comments saved face for the whole presser. It was almost a complete train wreck with Underwood doing most of the damage. I think Jon is truly wanting us to win and will do what he has to to achieve that, and that's saying a lot because RW seemed like a guy who was just all business and tried to act like someone that knew what the hell he was doing.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I also want to add that I'm encouraged by the talk about looking for the players who want to be here and want to play at a high level consistently. If they gut this team and keep just the core guys, I'll go ahead and give Jon a thumbs up before the season even starts.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He seems to have the passion for it, so we'll see.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

I think we got it right. He seems sincere about his intentions. Seems to have pride about being in his home states NFL team. I like the fact that he spent so much time with the patriots. Him being with the patriots for so long can only be a good thing. I hope he brings some of that culture here. Knowing what it takes to run a winning team.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's a shame but I'm pretty much a cynic of all things Titans these days.

No doubt the closing remarks were prepared. This franchise needed something positive to linger on after this presser and Robinson was tagged to make it happen.

He reminded everyone he was from Tennessee and came from humble beginnings. He used the word "family" in describing the relationship between himself and the fans. He talked about working hard and asked for the chance to earn support. He said he was a fan of this team.

It was refreshing to hear and immediately made me like Robinson. Having said that, I think that was exactly what it was designed to do.

I hate being a cynic and hope Robinson's words were genuine. But I'll need to see the man in action over the next few months before I buy in totally.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar