Fire this entire coaching staff

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by wrench248, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

The first half McCourty was all over Megatron.

Then apparently Gray said screw that and backed off.

Hopefully he doesn't do that again.

2. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

Hopefully we can pull it out.

Need to get McCarthy healthy. The running game looked better today. The defense still has a ways to go.

...but this win gives us some wiggle room. We can try to improve as a team without panic setting in.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

wow what a game!

my lingering thought though through all that madness was those 20 yard cushions, i dont like them.

Ten_Titans - I dont know though, i thought ATV looked much better today then J-Mac, even without those two or three impact plays, his coverage stood out. His tackleing stood out. Playmaking ability stood out. Pay the man (not after this game though but sooner then later).

Kam W - I'm worried that he isnt suited for NFL DE, I worry about his strength. I feel he gets eaten up a lot. Morgan at least is stout vs the run (or can be for most parts of a game) and seems to be waking up with regards to getting to the QB. KW isnt there for run support, in terms of or even occupying the T let along T/G, he doesn't free up the backside backer to make a play - and since he's not really getting to the QB... That same underneath / go around move..

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Prevent prevents winning jerry gray should be fired! Why will we not blitz? Offense and palmer are not sound shotgun run and shoot with first year starter, looked ok today but it is not sound football. Blast cj all you want but 4 carries in the first half and staying in the shotgun is a recipe for 4-12. Defense is a joke, we could get any rush with 4 so lets try 3 at the end of the game! Stupid!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How can anybody defend what we did on defense today or for the whole year?

We went out to keep Megatron from beating us and were successful in the first half but at the expense of not having safety support for the run and giving their other guys easy 7-8 yard plays.

Even with 2 sort of fluke like Tds by Washington and Verner(Not taking anything away from the effort) and 2 special team Tds we still couldn't win in regulation.

We could not get off the damn field in the 2nd half and when Verner stole that ball they were driving then. Even after they bring in a backup QB we get smoked time and time again.

To this point anyway this is the worst defense since the team came to Nashville. I'll debate anyone on that issue.

As for us being a young team think again. Most of our guys on defense are in their 3rd year or beyond. Our secondary is not that young at all and Wimbley and spoon have been around. Marks is a 4th year player.

We are not so young that this is an excuse.

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

well stated

7. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Ohh, no doubt. ATV is the runner up for player of the game behind Locker.

I'm just saying, McCourty was up in Calvin's face and he only got one catch in the first half.

It would be different if Calvin was just eating him alive.

8. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

i was also one of the few who knew how terrible the defense was going into the season. Decent talent on defense but cant rush the passer and arguably the worst scheme in the NFL

9. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

I honestly dont see how theres anyway the Titans have a chance next week. Texans will pound us into the ground with their run game then kill us deep with AJ and over the middle with their TE's all topped off with a top 3 defense in the NFL. Keeping it within 2 touchdowns would be a success

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The Lions QBs had a combined 118 rating against us and their backs had 123 yards rushing.

We tried like hell to slow Johnson down but he still got 164 yards and they scored 41 on us.

In what way did our defense succeed?

Now i do not believe anybody should be fired. But based on last year and up to this time this season our defense is not playing up to the talent level. We should be an average defense with these players.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar