FIRE MUNCHAK (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Astrophysics, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

My concern with Gruden is that the NFL is a whole different ball game now to what it was when he was coaching.

2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

first time I heard someone mention this and yes it is completely different and he won his championship with a defense which is no longer allowed to play in the nfl. He does watch it tho week to week so I think he knows he would have to make changes to his coaching style.

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

clearly loggains does not know what he is doing as an OC and is over his head and the same goes to Munch. These two need to go along with gray, all a bunch of clueless clowns!!!! Williams is trying to do the best with what he has got to work with. Williams stays at DC and please bring in someone outside the organization as HC and a competent offensive coordinator

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Lets say at the end of the season the ownership is unhappy with the way things are going.What are the chances of Tommy Smith and our ownership that took over after Bud's passing looking outside the organization for help? I wonder if this might come to pass and would be very happy if that is the route taken.The nepotism and in hiring that has happened in this organization is not helping this team at all.Overall i'd be very happy if they did a really thorough search and we landed a Lovie Smith,Bill Cowher,or even an up and coming hot name for once.

I do think if things continue as they are this team is in danger of not selling out games like they always have since coming to Nashville.The ownership is not stupid and they will get it right eventually because the fanbase is already disgruntled and it is not going to take much more before the fallout happens.No one is really happy with Munchak or the job he is doing with this team.

In the end people are going to vote with their wallet and if things don't change it will affect the bottom line for this organization and also their standing with the fanbase.

I'm all for blowing it up in 2014 and bringing in an outside hire who will keep the best players and get this team on the right track.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True. But he's about as close to the sport as someone not coaching/playing can be. And on top of that you can tell he truly loves the game. I think he could easily adapt to today's NFL.

All that said, he wouldn't be near the top of my list.

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

why not, I actually think if he was the HC with greg williams as the dc we could have a good coaching staff. All need is someone of offense to be somewhat competent to call plays

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm not against it. I'd just prefer to have Lovie if we were going after someone who's already been a HC. I wouldn't mind giving an up-and-coming coordinator a shot either.

Whatever we do I just hope we blow up the whole staff and go outside the organization for once.

10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

completely agree 100% and lovie is a better option too. I always like the way he has handled himself on the field. Munch has a blank stare and I think that is what it is like in his mind "blank". Definitely need to go outside the organization to move forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar