FIRE MUNCHAK (ongoing)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Astrophysics, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Gameplanning. Defining an "identity" and having the coordinators to execute it.

For instance, he wanted to be a running team this season. They tried, it was failing

Game time decisions. Challenges, going for it in 4th and 1, pulling players, benching players, ect

he has blown a few challenges this season, but I do believe he has pulled players effectively. A little late on reynaud but it happened.

Selling the organization to free agents. This is something he works with, with the front office but every FA wants to know the coach they will be playing for.

Leading. Players play for him, until the end. Even during last season when this board was saying players were not playing hard, they were.

Discipline. Punishing players

Knowing how to communicate to the front office which players and what kind of players we need in the FA.

THere are different types of head coaches. Some head coaches like to run offenses and defenses. I dont think Munch is that type of coach. He puts his faith in his coordinators.

I see it as a manager > assistant manager framework. The manager is in charge, but relies on his assistant managers to do their jobs.

Im greedy. I want to win right now. Not next year, I want to win this year.

I believe Munch is an average head coach, but just like with our players, if we can find something better, it would not be a good idea to pass up on it. I do believe we had a direction but as the season went on, we realized we are not going to be that powerhouse running team, so we had to adjust. I am very happy that he did not continue with the "run and shoot" that Palmer was talking about implementing.

I also believe he has a ceiling but thats just a guess. With talented players that actually produce, and a franchise QB, I believe Munch could be a good to pretty damn good head coach. However I dont believe he will ever be able to be a great head coach. This is all speculation though.

Last season, we were a horrible team. This season, there was really only one game where the other team was flat out better than us, and that was the 49ers. We were competitive and actually should have won a few other games, if not for drops/bonehead plays/players. Reynaud cost us, Munch made the change. Britt was costing us, he made the change. Turner cost us, he made the change. It doesnt sound like a big deal, but I only need to bring up names like Donnie Nickey to remind people of how Fisher worked. Yes, we lost this game today, but I liked the direction the team was headed. Its just too bad our investments have not started paying off yet (the offensive line)

2. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

HOPE VA TECH IS READY FOR THAT AZZ TO GET BEAT IN THE ACC TITLE GAME

3. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Somewhat successful? Locker was somewhat successful at washington. No thanks. He's just another guy who was on Pete Carroll's Nat title staffs that got great jobs from that.

I'd rather have someone high profile for once and NOT ONE OF THE GOOD OLE BOYS.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Well considering it's Washington he could be a lot worse at this point, he's not my top candidate but have always viewed him as an option. Not sure how he would be a good ole boy either.

5. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Clearly he wouldn't be a good ole boy.

I'm saying I just don't want that to be the route we go and hope we can just go high profile so I can be excited for once not going into the season expecting 8 and f'n 8

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Oh okay I misread, pretty exhausted right now. Yeah Lovie Smith is my top target right now. Big name, would come in and instantly improve the team (especially defense), and if we can get a capable OC then our offense can get cooking as well. Best of all, Smith will install an attitude and level of expectation for this team.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I know CBS sent cowher to coach a high school team in moore oklahoma and props to him for doing this, all very respectable with the coach me cowher sweepstakes that was going on but can we get him to come to nashville to coach the Titans lmao

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Cowher is overrated.

It took him a long time to get the success he did have.. then retired right after. He is smart, though. Like gruden, the reputation is much greater than the coach.

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree with that for the most part but I do like his attitude and his fire on the sideline. He can't be worse than munch so it would be considered an upgrade

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

absolutely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar