Finny on his Potential Departure...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have a bad feeling he will end up with the Steelers.

Ravens wouldn't shock me either, but Webb is pretty good and their rookie Jimmy Smith is going to be very good.

We know our history... I bet he walks. We probably think we can do just fine with McCourty and Verner. Nothing against those guys because they're starter worthy, but they don't bring to the table what Finny does.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Oh I forgot about the new minimum amount of cap that must be spend. Like 92% or something?

Guess we actually have to pay players now, yay! Hopefully we pay the right ones.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

WAIT but hes hurting the team by talking about this stuff and leaving practice earlier this season I thought people like him and CJ were guys we are better off without?

Freakin hypocrites you and GoT.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not at all - I agree totally that CF threw a tantrum and then lied before finally telling the truth a couple of days later.

And him yacking about this crap now with 3 games too go is just not right IMO

5. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I can't put into words how mad I will be if Finnegan isn't on this team next year

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Finnegan has proven he belongs and is a valuable leader on our defense.Not paying him just shows how cheap,thrifty and low budget the front office really is.

PAY THE MAN

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We're currently spending $107.4 million of the allowed $120 million. Next year the CBA forces us to spend at least $108 million. This is bad only because it's going to force Arizona, Carolina, Kansas City, Jacksonville, and Tampa Bay to spend lots of money, taking away many of the big name free agents.

And we should have plenty of room to work going forwards with Chris Hopes, Jake Scott's, Barrett Ruuds, and hopefully Eugen Amano's contracts coming off the books. Together they account for close to $22M

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah we gotta pay him. I like what I see from McCourty and Verner but in a pass happy league you certainly can't have too many good corners. Cortland pissed me off in the offseason with his storming off and the subsequent lying through his teeth. And these latest comments are ill-timed. But I don't think his intent was to stir anything up or cause a distraction.

Bottom line is he's a great corner and our defensive leader. So we need to do whatever it takes to keep him, within reason of course. Let's just hope he's not too out of line with his contract expectations.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We do pay those worth paying. Roos is making $6,750,000 this year. Hasselbeck earns $5,333,333 this year. Cortland, everyone's favorite gets 4,793,000. The heart and soul of this team Nate Washington makes $4,050,000.

But yes, the perception of the Titans is they're cheap. But it's just not true when you dig down to it.

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

As soon as we get one position or player playing good or improving they let someone walk or go and then a position of strength goes to a position of weakness and ends up hurting the team.For instance this year we are thin at WR but next year due to the draft and free agency it will get taken care of but then we will be in between a rock and a hard place because we will be hurting at Finny's spot.We are pretty good sometimes at creating depth at certain positions though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar