Finny on his Potential Departure...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Reality is Finny is just preparing himself emotiuonally for the possibility he won't stay. How hard is that to understand? He doesn't know what the out come will be. If you expect him to say he is staying no matter what it isn't going to happen.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

It's an interview, he didn't just bring it up.
    What would you rather have him say? No comment?

I respect his honesty. Sounds to me like he'd be gutted to not get a new deal and has been ansty about not wanting to play elsewhere.

Now he realises it's just business if that doesn't happen.

We made a very good offer to Haynesworth which was close to the deal offered by the skins.

Finny isn't a has been and he's at the the top of his game. He will get a good offer. If he and his agent don't like it he'll get franchised.

He may get franchised with the option to pull that and re up him once we've drafted and FA is over.

$10.5 mill for a CB is a high Franchise Tag number because the top 5 CB's are payed stupid money. Blame the Raiders , Jets and Eagles for that.

3. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

That's my only concern, what his [read "his agent's"] demands might be. A Nnamdi-esque $60million would be absurd.

Jonathan Joseph got 5 years, $48.75 million and $23.5 guaranteed, including $12.5 signing bonus. I think that's probably the range they're after.

4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

You might want to check your stats Toronto. Babin is having a better year this year than last. The Titans should have kept him. But I understand why they didnt. I just disagree.

5. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I don't think the Titans should have kept Babin. You make the claim about watching football, but omit the fact that the Eagles are playing the same wide 9 technique we abandoned.

This is not intended to be a knock on you, but can you honestly say that Babin would be productive outside of that role? When I look at Babin I see an explosive pass rusher who is quick off the line allowing him to get around the edge and beat the OT to his spot to make a play. However, with the Titans changing their scheme I just don't think he has the strength to be consistently effective. Keyword in that last statement is consistent.

With all that being said though, Babin is definitely having a better year this year than he did last year in regards to all around game.

6. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

He's still playing the wide-9 the majority of the time though, isn't he?

He's a product of the system, and we changed systems.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I believe that Finny, Griffin and Jason Jones will all be FAs this yr.

I think Finny is the most important one to keep.

8. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Finny has that fire in him. We need to keep him. Honestly, I'll take him over any cornerback. He doesn't have the stats on paper because no one throws it to the WR he's covering. Depending on the defense we're in, he's not capable of making those type of plays. Cut Hope and give Finny his money.

9. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

Maybe say he hopes to come back? Here's my "ideal" statement I guess.

He basically just said that with quite good certainty, he's gone.

No hope to come back. He just tossed out a nice PR statement that said "I'm pretty much leaving but in case I still want to negotiate, I still want leverage."

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You might want to learn a bit more about football rather than just watching it and reading stats.:kiss:

The Titans D was crap last year. Babins performance was piss poor overall. Useless against the run and his penalties offset his sacks.

The Eagles are welcome to him.

FYI the Eagles D is terrible this year with them floundering to stop the run. opposing running backs averaging 4.4yds per carry.

They're ranked 2nd for sacks but sacks are over rated.

Babin is lined up way out wide so that he rarely has a lineman to beat. He just has to make a b line to the qb every down. Great for his stats, crap for collapsing the pocket with 3 men. Crap for stooping the RB getting to the 2nd level.

A CB or LB allowed to fill the same role would break the season sack record. Wouldn't help a defense out though because you're selling out to do it.

• High Five High Five x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar