Finny, Are You High? WTF?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Can't believe Finnegan is dissin' on Hasselbeck already. What a punk. If he was special like Revis or Asomugha it's acceptable, but he's just an average CB with a huge ego.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...questions-whether-hasselbeck-fits-the-titans/

Cortland Finnegan openly questions whether Hasselbeck fits the Titans
    Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT

Getty ImagesThe Tennessee Titans made a big splash in the free-agent market on Wednesday morning, agreeing to terms with quarterback Matt Hasselbeck. In theory, the arrival of the cagey veteran should help stabilize a somewhat dysfunctional roster.

In theory.

Cornerback Cortland Finnegan openly questioned the manner in which Hasselbeck fits with the franchise during an interview with 104.5 the Zone.

“He throws the ball with good checkdowns, good intermediate passing game,” Finnegan said, via Music City Miracles. “That’s a West Coast offense they run, he throws the ball quick. I don’t fear his deep ball. Don’t get me wrong, he’s great at what he’s done. Pro Bowls, All Pros, even playing in the Super Bowl, but for what we have going, what direction I want to go and the team wants to go, I don’t know if he fits what we need, but I’m not the G.M., I’m not the front office.

The good news, if there is any, is that Finnegan likes Jake Locker.

“He’s got all of it, I mean he can make all the throws, and you go back to college, he’s a tough physical kid, doesn’t mind running the football, getting down and dirty, and he works hard,” Finnegan said. “Hard work beats talent. Hands down, man down. That’s something he’s done consistently. The thing I’ve seen thus far is that he’s worked hard, and I can go to battle for someone like that. No matter the interceptions, no matter the growing pains, we can go to work with him.”

If Finnegan’s comments are representative of more than a handful of the Titans players, Hasselbeck will have to win over the locker room quickly. And if the Titans struggle early, it could be Locker who quickly is thrust into the fray.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

In fairness, he did say that before we signed him. I think the initial article was written on Monday.

• High Five High Five x 6
  3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

sounds like a fair assessment of matt hasselbeck imo... the guy plays football, he knows a thing or two

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I like the comment in that link......

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. USAF_Titans7

USAF_Titans7 Starter

Finnegan is a douchebag. Hasselbeck is a good fit for us, especially a good fit to coach Locker.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Not a single thing in that article said anything nobody here was already thinking. Nothing disrespectful at all and it was a well spoken assessment of what Finny thought/thinks of our new QB.

in short, stop reading into things that are not there.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Hasselback was neighbors with Palmer. Lots of connections between MH and Titans staff.

My favorite Irish CB probably has better crap too do than read GoTitans all the time so him not knowing this is acceptable.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Not much wrong with what he said, but I've been wanting us to trade Finnegan for a while now. Let's just get Jonathan Joseph or Eric Wright.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

It's not like he ripped on the guy and called him a bum he raised legitimate questions about his game, I think it's actually a nice thing to see rather than a fake reply like "I love Matty he would fit perfect here without question". I feel like it is being blown out of proportion.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

oh I agree Titanic Sub.

But being able to make quick reads just Might be a plus for the Titans system, Its been since McMVP went too the crapbirds since anyone could do that in Tennessee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar