Finnegan primed for former teammates

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The numbers would suggest former Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan has struggled mightily so far this season, and he didn’t necessarily dispute that notion during a media conference call on Wednesday.

Pro Football Focus has Finnegan rated 108th – dead last in the league – among cornerbacks who’ve played at least 25 percent of their team’s snaps this year. In addition, quarterbacks throwing into Finnegan’s area have posted a 158.3 quarterback rating this season, higher than against any other cornerback, per PFF.

“That’s obvious,” Finnegan said when it was suggested this hasn’t been his best season. “From a personal standpoint, I think I wasn’t buying into what we were doing totally. (I was) just not making plays. I’m not sure they were big plays. They were one or two passes. Giving up two passes a game and one of them is a touchdown seems to be a bad stat, especially when you’re losing.

“But it’s just about getting back to basics. I’ve enjoyed it. You have to thrive through the good and the bad times. I’m not really worried about that.”

In his defense, Finnegan may have been slowed by a hamstring injury through the first four games of the season, an injury that caused him to sit out the next three contests before he returned Monday in the loss to Seattle.

“I’m just getting back to healthy 100 percent now, so I feel good,” Finnegan said. “So definitely, I want to put my best foot forward.”

Does he feel like he’s getting back to playing at a higher level?

“Yeah, I do,” Finnegan said. “I found my dagger, so now I got my swagger, so now I’m going to be A-okay, thank you.”

Finnegan has always been known for having an irritating on-field presence, so it will be interesting to see him play against his former teammates on Sunday.

“I’m just going to play football,” Finnegan said. “I have a great deal of respect for Nate (Washington). He’s done it for so long, so well in the NFL. Kenny (Britt), you can’t say enough good things about him. I really enjoyed playing against him and practicing against him while I was there.

“But I look forward to seeing Big Country (David Stewart) and (Michael) Roos if I come off the edge one time. Those are just some things I look forward to.”

Titans safety Michael Griffin predicted earlier in the week that Finnegan would likely try to get under the skin of Washington, as the two had some spirited practice confrontations here.

“I think (Griffin) is wrong in that aspect,” Finnegan said. “Nate’s been playing great for the past two years and he’s overcome a lot. He’s a savvy veteran. I really do look forward to playing against Nate. He’s a great guy. He’s a great person and a great receiver.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He's still allowing a 158.3 passer rating when QBs throw his way? So basically he's useless.

Jake... throw at Finnegan all day.
    Kellen Clemens... throw at Verner all day.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. RavensShallBurn

LOL

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Finnegan2Win SUCKS

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

......I mean Finnegan sucks.......

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

"Unsportsmanlike conduct, number 31, defense. 15-yard penalty. First down."

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

He got his big shovel out for that one. Cortland is also the same guy who made up a pile of BS when a reporter asked him about the meaning of his name and being the "Third." And now this. You know Finny is full of it and knows it ;)

cort.jpg

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. RavensShallBurn

That image is blocked for me... what is it?

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar