Finnegan Named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY:

Cortland Finnegan has been named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his play in Sunday's 17-10 win over the Jaguars. Entering his second season as a full-time starter, Finnegan registered a career-high two interceptions and seven tackles. In a key AFC South match-up, Finnegan picked off Jaguars’ quarterback David Garrard twice in the second half and helped the Titans limit Jacksonville to 189 total yards. The former seventh-round selection posted his first interception in the third quarter while wrestling the ball away from Jacksonville wide receiver Troy Williamson, and his second interception came midway through the fourth quarter on the Titans’ 43-yard line. Finnegan led the NFL with two interceptions on Kickoff Weekend.
    In his third year from Samford, this is Finnegan’s first career Player of the Week Award.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

YEEEEEAAAAA FINNY. I see him getting another against a certain QB running for his life.

3. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Thats my boy, I was reppin your jersey sunday at the sports bar and everyone was like who the hell is that? I was like that is one of the leagues top corners thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I must say he truly deserved it. Hes a little terror in the secondary.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

Nice to see a draft picking actually making noise ON the field. Its a shame that between Pacman and Vince it overshadows the accomplishments of the guys doing a great job. Hopefully this is just the start of an amazing season for Cortland!

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Wow!!!! What a pick. A 7th rounder. And this kid is just getting started. A little dose of Ocho Cinco would go a long way!

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Pro-bowler!!!

8. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

My boy had a crazy INT. Ripping that ball away practically won the game for us. Otherwise, the Jags would have been in the RZ, where they might have scored a TD. He should be in the Pro Bowl this year.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's rare that a DB gets this award without running one back for a TD. It's nice to see him getting recognized.

10. ShamH85

ShamH85 Practice Squad

We should of EXTENDED his contract this season! what a waste of cap! we could of front loaded 4 year extension to finny and scaife and Tony Brown this year. Good job MR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar