Finnegan Leading Candidate to Replace Pacman in Return Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If we only had the bears' special teams unit blocking for him...

2. What kind of reason is that?? Pacman is just as fast and quick as well.. Hes even faster.. Yes Finnegan was running with him stride for stride, but Pacman also broke away from that, and NO Finnegan didn't slow down for that to happen.

You have to give a reason for a statement like that.

3. OneYardShort

OneYardShort Camp Fodder

Anyone that thinks Finnegan can be 90% of Pacman, is out of there minds. Pacman just has a sixth sense about missing tackles. Not to say I don't like Cortland, I just don't see him doing near as well as Pacman did. I can't see him making 10 people miss on one kick return. The one thing I am worrying about with Cortland, is whether he can hold on to the football. The people that actually have a memory here can remember that that was Pacman's problem for his first season or so. Overall, I say Cortland might KR but I don't see him PR. I still stand by my decision to put Henry back there, but I don't think that will happen. Oh, and watching the NFL Network Training Camp show, I believe they had Roby and Davis as the projected KR and PR men.

4. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

While Finnegan might be our best option, he's not Pac. I like Finn, he's a great player, but it's not reasonable to expect the same performance on returns that Jones provided last year.

Two different players = two different styles of play.

Fwiw, I'd like to see Finnegan at CB rather than NB, at least in pre-season. I think he has a bit of potential.

5. Ditto
    But i do think that Finnegan can do a darn good job for us at PR. No he is not as shifty as Pacman is, but he is faster then Pacman, he was catching Pac from behind at the eagles game and i think that he will be able to shake off a few tacklers after seeing him stiff arm MJD.

6. vyoung10

vyoung10 Guest

c-finn

look all these people talking about how c-finn wont match up to pac-man are probably right. Pac-man is jsut a freak back there and made things happen. But we dont have him now so we are going to use the next best thing we have. The coaches think its c-finn so be it i dont have a problem with that. give him a shot and lets see what happens

7. No, look at it again.. Someone tripped Pacman up at the foot so he slowed down.. Finnegan was already running full speed bout time he caught up.. Pac still was gaining more speed. :yes:

Pac's faster.. but Finnegans faster too. But him being faster or whatever doesnt equal as much success

8. Nine

Nine Starter

Like it or not, Pacman Jones is an absolutely elite talent....one of the best returners I've ever seen, bar none. You can't replace a Pacman Jones...you just find the best guy for the job and go with it.

That said, I do like what little we saw of Finnegan as a returner last year in preseason. He showed some elusiveness, and appears to have the quick reflexes that all good punt returners have....and of course, he's got some serious wheels, to boot.

Do I think he'll be another Pacman? No. However, considering his build and skill set, it's not out of the question that Finnegan could become another Derrick Mason-type returner....and that would be pretty darn good, too.

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I have to agree....while Finnegan is very fast, he doesn't have that inate sense to make people miss like Pacman. Pac just has a great feel for what to do and where to go to make people miss. At times he looks like he is doing it in slow motion. He is not replaceable, as far as production.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Despite what Pacman did last year, Lowry said the return units did not do a great job blocking. That will need to change this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar