Finnegan fined $25,000

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's a bit steep. Well- VERY steep. Again, fines should be based on a player's salary.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

just shows how mad Roger is at FA

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Yeah I remember the announcers meantioning this during the game(even thought they were horrible) that it would be a fine. I'm with Gloat on this one, it's a bit steep.... I think that penalty is a set amount fine though. As for Schaub, it looks as if he's bait for players and fines.

4. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

That's F'n ridiculous.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i could buy my car 5 times over for 25K, or 5 just like it.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Anyone find it funny players get fined all this money but Goodell doesn't ever fine is refs when they blow a big call? Heck, you get fined for criticizing the referees which to me is beyond stupid.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we don't know that. they might not be made public, i would have to assume there is some type of ramification of making a terrible call.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Refs, umpires and judges don't make much money so there isn't anything to fine. The biggest threat you can make on an official or his crew is that they would be replaced or disbanded. Sources I've read put their salaries at $42,295 to $120,998 per season. That's not a whole lot. Certainly not enough to slap them with crazy fines.

However, do consider that fines are imposed for two main reasons.

1. Player safety

2. Sportsmanship

plus, all fine revenues go to charity. Bad calls happen. They are part of the game. They don't get anyone hurt and they don't send the kind of message that unsportsmanlike conduct does. Plus they average out and affect every team equally for the most part.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Bad calls do happen but when you review a play and still get it wrong, that's inexcusable to me. I wouldn't fine them much but a $500 fine seems fair. I would personally give refs a three strike policy, the third strike is your fired. I have no tolerance for bad calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar