Finnegan and Fisher reunited and it feels so goood

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by acqua7, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Hate to lose him, but that salary puts him amongst the top 5 corners in the league in salary. I just don't think he's quite that good.

Corner is a really tough position to define who is better than who.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Hopefully Larry Fitzgerald don't punch him out, like Andre did :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Starter

Hopefully next year they'll take Griffin too.

4. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Can we give him Eugene Amano too. We could probably get a 3rd Rd pick from Fisher for him.:D

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

He signed the first place he visited. He knew he wouldn't get more anywhere else.
    Plus, he gets to blow Fisher.

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I'm not sure what Finnegan expects in St. Louis.

I'm convinced Fisher just lets players do whatever they want and doesn't really hold them accountable so people love playing for him.

He aims for 6-8 wins a year with actual planning and then lets other chips fall where they may.

This situation gets Finnegan huge money and a guaranteed starting job for all 5 years no matter how bad he is.

Plus there's no cornerbacks behind him that could ever realistically push him for the media to call for when he starts to blow.

Fisher is who you go with to coast out your career.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The hate over Finnegan amazes me. Yes, he overrated hisself and wanted money. But the dude played 6 seasons with us; and was arguably my favorite player. It sucks that he left, but it's a business... it happens. I'm still rooting for Cortland, and he'll still be one of my favorite Titans.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I was just thinking there are a lot of sour grapes in this thread..

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You're going to need a new username... :sad2: :grrhee:

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

+1

I can get thinking he isn't worth that money, but that is the target for top 15'ish CB's. Joseph got similar money, Flowers signed 5yr/$52 mil, Dunta Robinson signed 6yr/$57 mil, people get franchised at around $10.6mil. Brandon Carr is probably going to get more. Carlos Rogers is older, was generally thought of as a disappointment until this past season, and is universally thought of as a worse FA than Cort, and he got 4yr/$31 mil. That is just the going rate. CB's are valued in this league. It is crazy to think that the Rams were the only team interested. He might not have gotten the same contract somewhere else, but it would have been real close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar