Finnegan and Bulluck "Like Brothers" Despite Disagreement

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dman050586, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Well, I don't think this was that big of a deal either. But my preference would've been to call a timeout.

It looked pretty stupid to have our own players pushing each other, imo.

Again though, this wasn't a big deal.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If Bulluck is mad because Finny was in Mason's ex-Titan face, that is the dumbest **** I've ever heard.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think Bulluck took a lot of time to consider his options and then picked his best. I do think he reacted in the heat of the moment, but in a way that got Finnegan's attention the way that it should have. Nothing else really matters unless he does something that causes a penalty or hurts the play on the field. Keith's earned a lot of respect from the rest of the team, and I think that was him asserting his role, and things came back together.

As others have said, tempers were high, things happened, they're ok now.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Finnegan was pretty much leading the Ravens down the field. Bulluck had to do it and it worked.

5. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

It had nothing to do with disrespecting D-Mason. Are you kidding me. Finny earned a 15 yard penalty when the D was already having trouble stopping that drive.

Bulluck was frustrated cuz they couldn't stop the Ravens, and that just made it worse. It's a non issue today if you ask me.

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Bulluck did what he had to do. Finny was out of line, costed us 2 sets of downs and 30 yards, and Bulluck put his a$s in check. I doubt it'll be an issue past the next time they talk. Thats the captains job, to keep things on the field in order.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I don't appreciate you using the R word to describe anyone, especially in a negative light. I feel offended as a fan and a person.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

RE-READ my post and the information is accurate. My posts are rarely theory. High emotions and a volatile situation are hard to describe, because once it's over, it's hard to remember through the anger and emotions.

To put it into better perspective, Cortland's emotions were high and he was playing with his mouth and emotions and not his head. Keith was mad that Cortland made it a priority to disrespect Mason, continuously crossing the line, yet making costly mistakes.

For a moment, put yourself mentally on the field. You are watching a young, talented DB get provoked by a wiley vet. The young guy is getting more concerned with taking shots at the player instead of defending the player. He is getting penalties and helping the Ravens get closer to a score. You are frustrated yourself and AGAIN, another penalty is called and the young guy won't get his mind right. So yes, basically, Keith was mad that Finnegan continued to get in Derrick's face, which was costing the Titans in penalties.

Football isn't a warm and fuzzy sport. Keith isn't going to act like a bish and quietly pull Cortland to the side for a "redirection session". He's going to cuss and yell and when that doesn't work, he's going to push the heck out of him.

This team really is a family. Keith is like the emotional big brother and Cortland respects him. People who are close often act the biggest fools on each other, because you have that comfort level for a point of reference. How often have you had a knock down, drag out fight with family, then all is forgiven without even one word being spoken?

9. The Mrs

that what we have the wifey's for:brow:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. The Mrs

^^^^Sigh:sad2:, I was gonna delete it, but it is kinda funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar