Finally The Predator Is Gone

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TITANFANATIC911, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree. But i guess I need to get used to it because every offseason I think the Titans do some things that are FUBAR and make no sense.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Or maybe the press weren't allowed to report it, like how the local San Fran journalists aren't allowed to report on depth chart or position changes, unless it's quoted from a coach.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=669562

3. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Thought that went through my head for a sec. the moment the public left, Griff started lining up at FS and CB. then slowly more FS and LT got phased out. I wouldn't argue with that. I guess we'll just have to wait until gameday...

4. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

That's promising... If anything. Not a CB, but not a FS...

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

is michael griffin going to play Safety now???

6. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

That's the Titan Fans' newest prayer...

7. Griffin will get some reps at FS during the Jaguars game.. Why?

We will be lining up 8 in the box most of the time because the Jaguar receivers wont be able to destroy the starting corners...

Nick Harper and Courtland Finnegan.

During the packages where there wont be 8 in the Box, Griffin will line up at the Nickel Position or will sometimes be in the FS position, If Lowry isn't there.

Expect Lowry to get a bit more reps there if they're not lined up with 8 in the box.

Expect to see alot of subs also.. We have a bit of depth and the team will use that when needed.

You will see less of Vincent Fuller and more of Kelly Herndon lined up in the slot also.

Expect alot of subbing with the DTs.. Corey Simon is a good signing because he will take on Double Teams most of the time, which will allow either KVB or the opposite starting DE to get great pressure on the QB. Garrad. ( sp? )

David G. Will scramble at times, so the 8 in the box with our more physical DB will stuff him even more.

Plus there will be no Lamont Thompson or Reynaldo Hill playing to allow people to get behind them

8. therealtitandea if you don't mind i'm gonna take your post and start a Jaguars/titans thread.I like it and agree with some things you've said

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

On the Titans website Griffin is just listed as a DB. Not a CB or a S. He's the only player listed like that. Hmmmmmmm.

10. exactly.. because its up in the air on where hes actually going to line up permanent.. the thing is.. There isn't one.

He didn't need to play in the FS position during the pre-season to be able to get comfortable back there. He will be there in packages where he has an assignment to cover a man or drop in zone, or pre-occasional blitzes.

He needed to play corner in the pre-season because thats where the real talent comes in at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar