FINALLY Jason McCourty gets some recognition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I thought Jason McCourty played like a man possessed this season. Imagine how good he would have played if he had a pass rush in front of him.

4. JCBRAVE

J-Mac is so underrated it's a shame. With Cortland on the field teams think they can pick on McCourty, but he's just too good they end up wasting downs. If it weren't for McCourty, our team would be lucky to have 7 wins. He covers up the lack of a dominate pass rush.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think McCourty has played great and have liked him since he was a rookie, but I'm not sure he has played as well as you are saying. Only one cornerback gave up more catches. He was great at keeping the play in front of him and he made his share of plays, but I'm not sure other teams were "wasting downs".

6. JCBRAVE

I've only seen J-Mac get beat twice! That's impressive considering he was targeted over 120 times. He may even be our best tackler.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

If the team has some money left over at the beginning of the season, I'd like to see them offer him an extension.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I really like McCourty but why would a CB have that many tackles? I understand he doesn't get beaten very often but he still allows a lot of catches in front of him. He's a good #2 CB.

9. JCBRAVE

That's what Jim Wyatt says, and he's around the team every day.

If you think a high number of tackles for a CB is a red flag, you'd be wrong. What it means is he's a baller. How many 1st downs did he give up..... The answer is very few.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Love J-Mc. Such a great pick in the 6th round a few years ago. We got a steal, especailly considering his twin brother went in the 1st the next year after we drafted him because he stayed for his senior season.

I look forward to watching him play when we get our pass rush figured out. I just hope we don't let him go, I think his contract is up after this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar