Finally beat Gears of War.

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bobo, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I liked the cover idea too, I just thought too much of the game was based around it.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I like some parts, like the stage where you are in the circle, fighting on all side, but not others, like the train and the ending. The ending was not interesting, and was pretty hard.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

hence the lukewarm reception
    but it also brought a fresh approach to the genre (although not entirely original) ... personally, I didn't care for it when I first got it either and put it down for months
    but once I got into it, it was hard to put down

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I liked the cover thing at first, it just got a little old. One trick pony with clunky controls. The troka gun or whatever it was called felt sluggish. Driving the truck was meh.

I think they have a good game, just some tweaks could make for a better sequel.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, it certainly was a good first attempt

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah I just thought it'd be a great first attempt like Halo. It wasn't imo, but it seems the media had it pegged as that good.

Now help me out with my next game Puck.

So far I've played Halo 3, Forza 2, COD4, Gears, Ace Combat....I guess that's about it.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Oblivion
    Bioshock
    Orange Box
    Mass Effect
    Burnout Revenge
    PGR
    Prey
    Bully (coming)

i guess what ever you're into
    but if you've yet to play Oblivion, start there (if you're even remotely interested in RPG)

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

for the love of God stay away from oblivion. all you do is walk around.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

unless you do like everyone else and get a horse

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Doh I forgot about Bioshock.

Maybe Mass Effect is more fun than Oblivion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar