Final Verdict: VYs TD Pass to Britt vs Dallas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

or couldn't you just push the mute button?

2. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

There would be no game sounds unless you had a way to mute just the center channel.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I saw the safety step up. If he didn't look at Bo the deep ball to Britt would have been picked. And as Jeff pointed out VY makes that arm throw across the body all the time. I have no doubts that pass was intended to Britt myself.

4. Nine

Nine Starter

A couple years ago, I would have had no trouble believing that the pass was intended for Scaife. At that time, it was not at all unusual to see him overthrow his target by 5-10 yards.

But Vince's accuracy has improved dramatically this year. Through the first four weeks of the season, he has consistently made very catchable, well-placed throws that hit the intended targets in stride.

If you want to tell yourself that the Britt TD was just pure dumb luck on a horribly inaccurate throw....hey, be my guest. Believe whatever you like.

But judging by the accuracy Vince demonstrated throughout preseason and the first four weeks of the regular season, I see no reason to believe he suddenly lost that accuracy and reverted to 2007 for one play....especially not after Vince's detailed explanation of the route strategy and safety movement that allowed Britt to be open in the first place.

(Which, BTW, is an explanation we never would have heard from Vince a couple years ago. I don't think VY 2007 understood the playbook well enough to read coverage in real time like that, or to explain exactly what happened after the fact. The fact that he looked off the safety to open up his secondary target shows how far he's come in the past couple years. Just because some folks choose not to acknowledge it doesn't make it not so. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, y'know.)

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

^^^

Vince's 2 interceptions this year didn't come from inacuaracy. One came from a disguised blitz and the other came from a safety playing 1 WR's and baiting Vince.

Vince has played great this season. I see many other QB's throwing it in the turf, or making wild throws but not Vince.

6. terapinfly

terapinfly Baby, won't you carry me

I hope VY can throw well on Monday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar