Final Verdict: VYs TD Pass to Britt vs Dallas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2010/10/14/young-td-pass-intended-for-britt/

VY, MH and Fisher all confirm. Case closed. Does the writer John Glennon frequent this forum? ;)

Vince Young says wide receiver Kenny Britt was indeed his intended target on the 12-yard touchdown pass that gave the Titans a 17–3 lead over Dallas last week.

CBS analyst Phil Simms said immediately after the play that he believed Young was actually throwing for tight end Bo Scaife, and that Young was fortunate to have the ball drop into Britt’s hands behind Scaife.

Not so, says Young.

"For the record, I was throwing to Kenny," Young said. "Most of the time there’s one safety (in the area) and we’re not supposed to get that back part of the end zone. But I looked at Bo, so he could come up so I could get that throw.

"Everybody’s askin’ me that, but that was pretty much the read. (Offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger) gave me a good (compliment) about that because he knows how I use my eyes, but he’d never seen me use my eyes like that before."

Said Coach Jeff Fisher: "I knew the play call. The design is to go over Bo. It was the same one he threw in New York. The same exact play. Throw over Bo, based on the coverage. Bo holds the coverage and it goes to Kenny in the back of the end zone.

"I don’t think Phil saw practice, nor did we have a production meeting with him outside a conference call we had on Tuesday. Granted he probably watched some tape, but he must not have watched the Giants game."

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Vince is improving, so it doesn't surprise me at all that's he's learning how to look off defenders. I saw the interview, and he seemed pretty adamant about it being intended for Britt once he saw it was there.

3. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

I believe him, but it's not like he would come out and say "Yeah I was throwing to Bo but I'm that inaccurate of a passer that it sailed over his head and luckily landed in Kenny's hands." My seat was in that endzone so I got a pretty close up view of the pass. Definitely thought it was going to Bo at the time, but then again, Bo tried to jump up and catch it if I remember correctly.

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

Still don't buy it

5. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

I agree that a QB would lie about that but Fisher goes as far as to call out Simms so I believe it. Unless Fisher was lying to make his QB look better but we know from this website that Fisher hates VY. :rolleyes:

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Also, VY takes a peek at Britt a couple of seconds after the snap. No question it was by design. If anything, the hit he took while releasing the ball made the throw more accurate.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Say what you want about Fisher he doesn't hold back from analysts.

8. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

A real man would have just flat out explained the truth. Not this "well mr simms wasn't at practice with us. Maybe mr simms didn't watch all of our games" douchebaggery

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

wow you're dumb. He should be calling out these lame commentators who played 40 years ago so they think they know everything about the game today.

10. DJB

DJB Starter

People hate Vince Young so much that when he makes a great play they are convinced it had to be an accident

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar