Final Decision: With the #8 Pick, the Titans Select...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 8, 2011.

?
  1. Nick Fairley

32.6%
  2. Marcel Dareus

4.3%
  3. Von Miller

8.7%
  4. DaQuan Bowers

2.2%
  5. Cam Newton

2.2%
  6. Blaine Gabbert

4.3%
  7. Robert Quinn

8.7%
  8. AJ Green

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Patrick Peterson

15.2%
  10. Other (please note)

21.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Bradford and McCoy both ran the spread and played pretty well for rookies.

I said other because I see it playing out like this.

1. Gabbert
    2. Dareus
    3. Newton
    4. Green
    5. Miller
    6. Quinn
    7. Peterson
    8. Fairley if Rocker gives the ok which he might not we don't know for sure. Otherwise trade down. I like the idea of Kerrigan or Taylor if we move down.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

He is no Drew Brees.... I get there are a few.

Cam came from a run first spread option. It is a bit different.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I voted Fairley. I think he's the most likely pick and he fills the biggest need (other than QB, but I think both QBs will be off the board).

Peterson and Miller might be better talents overall, but they are less of a need for the Titans and might not be a great fit for the scheme the Titans run.

With regards to Peterson, I am pretty happy with Finnegan, Verner and McCourty at CB and I don't think moving Peterson to safety is an option because he's not proven at safety and the top 10 is too early to be drafting a safety, anyhow.

With regards to Miller, you never, ever draft a SAM linebacker in the top 10 picks. It would be absolutely crazy to do so. The value is just not there because it's not an impact position. Look at the Seahawks--they would love to have a do-over on their pick of Aaron Curry. That pick got their GM fired. Miller makes sense as a top 10 pick if he's going to be used as a 3-4 rush OLB (which is what's going to happen) because that is a high-value position, but it would be absolutely insane to use the #8 pick on him and then use him as a SAM in a 4-3. I have no idea why so many of you think Miller would be a good pick for the Titans, but it's very misguided thinking. Luckily, I don't see any chance it happens.

So, Fairley it is.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

For me it's a very close call between Fairley and Peterson. I ended up voting Fairley though. I know there are question marks with him but, really, this is the NFL draft we're talking about... who doesn't have question marks? I like his upside. And even though we definitely need secondary help, I think a big dominant DT is a higher priority for us right now and can have a much, much bigger impact on our defense as a whole than a corner/safety hybrid would.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah.. Curry was a bit of a reach. But he's also not horrible. He has 134 tackles and 5.5 sacks in 38 career starts. Not horrible, but not great either. I get what you're saying though.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, Curry is a fine player. He's certainly not worth a top 10 pick, though. The Seahawks could easily get close to the same production from a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I think we'll take Nick Fairley. But I wish it would go down like this.

1.Panthers - Cam Newton
    2.Broncos - Marcel Dareus
    3.Bills - Blaine Gabbert
    4.Bengals - Ryan Mallett
    5.Cardinals - Patick Peterson
    6.Browns - Von Miller
    7.49ers - Jake Locker
    8.Titans - AJ Green

We get a #1 pick at #8. We go DL/S/LB/OL/QB/TE/RB in no particular order the rest of the way and we'll be straight.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

haha you're crazy. 4 QBs in the first 7 picks... Plus as much as I love AJ Green, he's not needed. We have Britt, and 3 decent WRs after that. But what do we have on Defense? One unproven DE (Morgan), two decent DTs (Brown, who missed 5 games because of injury and Jones), and nobody else on the DL. Decent seconday, besides Hope(less). And as far as LB goess.... Tulloch may be on his way out. Witherspoon got worse every game, and McRath has potential. We have a MUCH bigger need on defense, then improving our offense.

Plus, in a few years we wouldn't be able to keep two prime WRs on the roster. For example: Boldin and Fitzgerald.

9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

AJ Green with our first round pick?

[​IMG]

10. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

if he somehow manages to slip for 7 picks, Gabbert

since it's highly unlikely, Von Miller would be a nice good pick

likely left with a Fairly or such

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar