Fight Night Round 4 is kind of hard...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Deuce Wayne, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maybe this one just requires much more strategy- but I hate fighting more than 7 rounds.
    So I'm undefeated at 12-0 with 10kos. Just been breezing through the ranks up to the 22 spot. Then there's some guy named Vincent Harris that's 16-3 with 4kos.

He seems to barely punch, but when he does he crushes me. I collapse like he's tasered me with 50,000 volts. He knocks me down 2 times before the 4th round is over. Eventually wins it in the 7th by KO.

No biggie. It upset me, so I fought 2 other guys as he was out of reach in the scheduling. Beat Victor Ortiz by 1st round KO. The next guy I dominate all fight. So here it is... rematch with Vincent Harris. I think I'm ready to avenge my loss and kill this guy... I've improved my chin and all.

well.

The fight lasts maybe 30 seconds. First punch I was shook like maracas and heading to the canvas.
    Now it seems like everyone is rocking me. I haven't lost to anyone else in 3 fights after, but they're getting close to knocking me down every fight- even when I dominate them.

Is this the same for everyone else? That 1 fighter you just cant beat?

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this game is very hard. i can't win a single match against the CPU.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Tried the demo for 5 minutes, but just learning how to punch was hard. So I didn't buy it.

4. Deuce Wayne

Ok- this is ridiculous. I'm even playing on Amateur level... wtf.

I'll dominate the entire fight. Playing smart and all. Jabs to the head, hooks to the body. I'll block most their punches, but oh heaven forbid they block a single punch of mine- because when they do- I'm screwed. Might as well lay down as soon as they block and let the ref count.

Sucks to be dominating in a fight, just waiting for them to crash...and next thing you know their health shot back up somehow and they hit you 2 times- game over.

Granted- I never was the greatest at this game, but anyone that can beat this thing on Champion, or even worse- G.O.A.T... really, really need to get outside more. Game's ridiculous. I feel sorry for any casual gamer that tries to pick this one up.

A minute ago these were my fight totals:

Head punches:
    146/213
    Body punches:
    211/261

The other guy landed 71 punches. And knocked me out. haha And he only landed at 51%....

who knows. I'm at rank 10 right now, and these other guys seem unbeatable. What really sucks is, everyone 11 and further I KO in round 1-2, the 9 above me KO me around rd 7. Doesn't make much sense.

Unless running is the key to this game?

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The game has great graphics, great physics and all, but I never was able to enjoy it... That's FNR3 I'm talking about. I rented the game back when the 360 first came out. I remember how good the graphics were, but how much I hated playing it. The controls were horrible, the feel of the game just sucked.

Sounds like they haven't changed much other than making it harder... which is lame.

6. BigHerm

BigHerm wooooooooo wooooooooo

Its not hard, its realistic. You have to be patient and pick your shots like a real boxer. Throwing haymakers all day wont work in this game like it has in the past.

7. Deuce Wayne

Realistic? Really?

If it were realistic, I couldn't throw 100 jabs per round without being winded. Not only that, but if I'm landing them and fighting smart- a realistic match would end before the 4th round.

In what realistic boxing matches do you see a guy land 40 punches vs 238 and still win the fight by KO? How is that realistic?

Realism is not landing 90% of my body shots either.

*note: I haven't thrown a haymaker in this game yet.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I still wouldn't call the game "realistic", but it's done the most honest attempt probably. You have to understand, that real boxing will NEVER...EVER translate well to a video game with buttons; real life accuracy is based on very honed skills of timing. I've trained in it, I know how difficult it is. FNR4 tries really hard, it really does. However, it's still WAY too easy to land punches (I've NEVER landed less than 50% on G.O.A.T. difficulty, and in real boxing 50% for a round, let alone a whole match, is spectacular) ; certain punches are essentially useless (jab is worthless); it's way too easy to throw high volume.

9. Deuce Wayne

Realistic boxing would be pretty boring, actually. And I'm a huge boxing fan. But fighting realistically... wouldn't be much fun.

Anyway- I got the hang of FNR4 now. I was being impatient trying to beat guys rated in the high 80s with my guy that was rated a 70. So I had to rematch a lot of people, and get a lot of training sessions to build up. Now it's too easy and I KO'd Manny Pacquiao in the first round twice. So I'm going to adjust those sliders and it'll probably be a lot of fun.

1 thing I hate about this game and all EA sports games: The stupid "email" thing. Do I really need to check fake emails that say the same 4 things over and over? Gets annoying.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Gloat, I hope you have a PS3 with online access because I would like nothing more then to KO you in the first round. My record online is 125-22 or something like that and I'm ranked in the top 400. Holla at ya boy, SickOnThaSticks, I'll show ya a thing or 2 about FNR4 son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar