Field surface improvements?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans256, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Any word on if they're gonna let the players play on fully-tillered dirt this again this season?

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I doubt things will be any better. Two things need to be done. #1 TSU should be given a new facility elsewhere. #2 LP Field should be outfitted with a state of the art thermal system that uses heated liquid and pipes. A system like this used to be found in New England.

http://www.achrnews.com/CDA/Articles/Cover_Story/dab5335b99b5a010VgnVCM100000f932a8c0____

just imagine how effective it would be in Nashville.

I am aware that they have since made the move to Field Turf...
    http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=22463&pcid=41
    but that is beside the point. Tennessee is a bit more temperate... but still cold and wet enough to turn the field into a bog.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I think that field managment has WAY more to do with the field surfaces than the few home games that TSU play in the collesium (this year only four). TSU plays only a handful of games on the field the entire season but yet seems to be the scapegoat annual for a crappy field.

The collesium needs MAJOR improvements but I feel the funding isnt being used appropriately.

1. We need new big screens
    2. New field surface
    3. New clips - Those same tired clips they show at every break have to go... Who cares if Maggie Moo or Texas Pete win the race. And the lets get it on clip is on its LAST leg

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Da Architek,
    on clips: everything but the pain train should go. I love Terry Tate. He should stay. Crazy people never get old.

ref g sucks though. I hate that chair thing. agreed... the shopping cart race sucks and that shoe carnival thing blows.

I don't think you are giving the Tennessee climate enough consideration. Most of the problem comes from the inability of the turf to regenerate over the course of the season, mainly in November and December. TSU playing games on it certainly doesn't help at all... but still... after all this time a new plan is needed for TSU. TSU playing there makes LP and the Titans organization look Bush league. It's already obvious our stadium lacks in many areas and was built on the cheap. It's not Lincoln Financial or Reliant Stadium... that is for sure... at least a well maintained surface would help...

If they wanted to they could grow sod in dishes and change it out as an alternative to the thermal heating system. That would be cool. That is how it is done in Houston where they have the roof issue. I guess when the roof is open it isn't adequate or whatever for the grass... bottom line is they bring it in in big trays and piece the field together.

Let's not even talk about artificial surfaces. As long as Fisher is HC and co-VP forget it.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Last time I noticed, there were a couple of huge holes where the new jumbotrons will be. If they're not in yet, I'll bet they're close.

7. ONUV

ONUV Starter

i remember underwood saying they'd be in place for the country music festival. isn't that coming up really soon?

8. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Couldn't have said it better....but...

You'd think that more attention would be paid to the poor field surfaces. Something about "protecting the investments" (I.E. the PLAYERS).

God forbid somebody gets hurt because their foot got caught in the grass...

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The new jumbo trons will be in place very soon which will go a long way towards improving the gameday experience if they can do some quality stuff with them. It should make instant replays and sideline/fan shots a lot more fun.

The field will remain as is. They need to find a way to handle scheduling better so that the Titans don't play a day after the Tigers or the Music City Bowl on it.

But nothing grows in dirt in Nashville in mid-December. Once the turf gets torn up, the only thing left to do is lay down more on top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar