(FF) Drafting Mariota. A Good Strategy/Steal?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Broken Arrow, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

this is a status for the Fantasy Football players out there... We all know who are usually the first QB's taken are every year. Cam, Big Ben, Luck, Brady, Rodgers, etc. etc....

But can it be smart and a "steal" to be able to sit for several rounds on your QB need by drafting Mariota giving you room to spend your early rounds on your RBs and WRs?..

Note: QB's are usually taken rd. 4-5. You have to be off your rocker to take one higher than that. And usually those are the premier, year after year producers.

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

At the end of last season I would have said absolutely... but now with DeMarco and Henry leading our "thunder and thunder" run game, it's not so set in stone. Mary's passing numbers per game will likely decrease. I don't know if I'd rely on him as my #1 this season for a redraft league. But if you are referring to a dynasty league I'd say go for it. I'm just not sure you'll get immediate returns this season.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Granted, this is coming from a guy who has finished out of the playoffs the past two seasons but I wouldn't draft Mariota at all except as a late-round backup.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Broken Arrow

Would DeMarco be worth a starter look for RB or is it too much risk over reward at this point?

5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Absolutely. Mularkey wants to pound the rock, he's going to get his touches.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Outside of Walker, there is no Titan worth drafting until very late, IMO.

@GoT drafted as many Titans as he could a few years back in Titan Cup just so he'd have another reason to cheer on Sunday's.

I don't think that worked out too well for him.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Broken Arrow

I had Mariota, Walker starting, and DGB on my bench last year.... and finished 3rd lol.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

think I only won the week the Titans beat the Lions like 39-37 or something...

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

One time....

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

If you take him you better take another qb right after to start the games Mariotas sits

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar