Fellas, come in, sit down, discuss....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Mrs, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I decided to bring this discussion here because, you guys are painfully honest and a few of you are unecessarily mean. However, maybe you'll give me food for thought.

So, here's the situation. I have always been the type of girl that had more guy friends that female friends. I like hanging out with guys. Given a choice, I'd rather go out drinking and bar hopping with a group of guys than girls. Guys know how to just kick it and have drama free fun. With guys, you don't have to schedule separate outings because they are mad at each other. Guys can fight and make up over a mug of beer. I always joke that if my man cheated on me, I have at least 4 guys who would immediately hook me up with one of their friends. Actually, I say, if my guy cheats on me, it's smash time with Ben Roethlisberger.:yes:

Temper this with, I got crazy love. It's like, if he cheated, of course I would cut him and the bish he cheated with, burn up all his sh.., and shoot up his cars, then we'd have crazy make up sex and be back together stronger and crazier than ever. So what's up with the, "you have to get rid of all these phone friends"? It's nothing shady and all my phone conversations are out there in the open. It's stuff like, "Hey, Dhani is bubblin' in Dublin! I hope I get a package of Irish lace!" I really think that guys and girls can be just friends.

Now, I brace myself for the discussion.:hmm:

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

If you're married... tone it down a bit. How would you feel if your husband had a roster of chick friends? If you are not married go on and do as you do. How's that?

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Depends on the times you're talking to these friends. I know, I don't care who my wife is texting, emailing, etc. But if she gets a text from a friend at 2am...I'd Chris Brown her.

And if you think Ben Roethlisberger is hot, your man is probably self conscious and worried than any average lumberjack looking guy could sweep you off your feet at any moment. lol
    [​IMG]

I mean... seriously?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Tricky...

Yes guys and girls can be just friends, but when you're in a relationship it can be problematic. It doesn't mean that your partner doesn't trust you or think you're sleeping around, but he will have a perfectly natural fear of losing you (if not he doesn't love you) and will at a very basic level feel threatened.

That said, I don't believe you need to stop having male friends, but maybe tone it down a little. And as you say be completely open about it with your partner if you're hanging out with your male friends.

I've known some women to completely cut ties as soon as they had a new boyfriend, but I never could figure out if it was for their own sake or that of their partner... in either case I think it's overreacting.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The best way to handle it is to make the guy(s) friends with both of you, or at least comfortable hanging out with you two together. If you are hanging out with guys that won't hang out with you while he's around, that's a problem.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Ask Dhani what's up with Chad...

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

GoTitans3801 has a good point there.

9. The Mrs

Oh h..l naw! I get the R. Kelly in the closet look?:irked: I guess it's just messed up to go from rolling out with him and the homies to, "not a good look for the Mother of my child". And I'm not rolling out with the guys now! It's not like Jevon and Tony stop by to scoop me up for a night on the town!:hmm:

Deuce, true that Ben is no Tom Brady, but I think he's super cute. My girl's tell me that I have bizarre taste in men. It's just that I look rugged, low zesty men. I don't want a guy more concerned with how he's looking than I am. I couldn't fight with Chris Hope in the mirror!:ha:

10. The Mrs

Ocho is getting old. He has a lot of friends on "contender" teams and he wants in. Like most players, he wants a Super Bowl ring. Chad feels that he's a great receiver and wants to top off his accomplishments with a ring.

Like most receivers, he likes the Titans team as a whole, but he knows that he would be very unhappy as a receiver here. That's why Holt signed with the Jags. They all know that Tennessee is where star receiver's careers come to die.:suspect:

Please excuse me if you feel that I'm name dropping or whatever, but this is such a nugget that I have to recall the story. Another well known receiver was looking for a stand out touchdown dance. I suggested the River Dance. Chad stole the idea and it's now his signature highlight. Everytime I see that clip, I make the stank face because I know that he stole the idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar