Feed the BEAST!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Wrath, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Cox isn't who I was referring to.

However, he serves the example.

Don't care how bad Cox is... we saw that his backup is possibly worse.

It makes zero sense to cut someone if you have no plan B.

JR has a bad habit of this. He randomly cuts people without having any sort of solution.

It'd be like your car messing up, so you run it off a cliff... with no other form of transportation. Wouldn't call that impulse?

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  2. meekmode

meekmode Starter

Isn't cox not playing the solution?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

If you consider getting rid of someone underperforming and contributing to losing games as much as Cox did as an impulse guy, then there are 32 impulse GMs in the league

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

"JR has a bad habit of this" asserts a history of cutting underperformers that YOU think shouldn't have been.

Provide your list, and keep in mind that DGB was traded not cut, although his trade was definitely a good idea.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titan Wrath

Titan Wrath Starter

Actually the DGB trade was a bonehead move and you do realize Jrob was part of the crew that drafted Jameis Winston over Mariota right?

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  6. meekmode

meekmode Starter

I haven't seen anything proving that the DGB trade was a boneheaded move. DGB has proven to have the exact same issues in philly as he had here only difference is here he had a better QB.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I'm assuming that was meant as humor, so I gave your post a "lol".

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Do I think that JRob intended to trade DGB going into this yr??? No...but when you lose your #3 and #4 backup OTs early and then your top blocking TE retires unexpectedly then you are forced to make a move. He was able to find a guy who had NFL starting experience. I didn't like the trade, but can certainly understand it. Losing DGB certainly has not hurt Mariota's development and Kelly has played ok filling in for Lewan and as the extra OL in our heavy packages.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Sevenfeet

Sevenfeet Starter

That statement only makes sense if Winston was playing like Brock Osweiler, which he clearly is not. Just like us, Tamps is in the playoff hunt and I suspect those guys are pretty happy with their QB.

10. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

We already had Sankey, McCluster, Cobb, Andrews and Fluellen. It wasn't a glaring need. We had just signed DM, why would we be drafting a RB? Prove that was our plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar