Feed the BEAST!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Wrath, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I agree it is a little early to claim Henry the best RB in the league, best on the Titans? Still debatable, Murray is sitting at 1000+ yds and 8 TDs after 12 weeks that's pretty good production. If he's dealing with an injury that's one thing but can't claim he's not a good RB. How many years have we wanted that from our backs and now we are getting it.
    I'm excited to see what Henry can do, his time will come, maybe soon?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titan Wrath

Titan Wrath Starter

Henry is far better than Murray, when his time comes you'll realize I just don't want this season to go in the tank because morons can't realize who the better athlete and running back is.

3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

This season go in the tank? We were projected to be a 5 win team and we are sitting at 6-6. One game out of first in the division. This with Murray running the ball.
    I agree if he's hurt and it's affecting him or the team then he needs to sit.
    You must be an Alabama fan? Like I said I'm excited to see Henry play a bigger role but maybe the staff doesn't feel he's ready?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. JBC

JBC Starter

I didn't make any personal insults towards anyone. No need to get angry over a discussion about football. Let's try to speak as adults.

I can name some other running backs who won the Heisman, but didn't do much in the pros.
    Mike Garrett
    Archie Griffin
    Billy Sims
    Charles White
    Mike Rozier
    Rahsaan Salaam
    There is one who didn't make it in the pros for every one you named that did. Ron Dayne makes 7. I am sure there are more, I just don't care to research them. My previous statement stands. What a player does in college doesn't mean much when they get into the pros. I get the sense that you are most likely a Alabama fan. That's fine, but no need to insult others who don't look at Alabama players through the same rose colored glasses that you do.

#184 JBC, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That's lost on some Im afraid when you don't see it their way.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I recall back during the Mularkey hire that "protecting our franchise QB" was priority number one. The FO and coaching staff revamped the OL and playbook with that goal in mind.

I believe that Henry has a great future ahead of him, and would like to see more of him on the field than we have. I also believe that the coaching staff have more faith in Murray at this point for his experience and ability to assist in protecting MM.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titan Wrath

Titan Wrath Starter

No I'm not an Alabama fan one bit I just know a great player when I see one. Demarco is good but he's not the same breed as Henry. Henry smashed other Heisman winners records in rushing yards and touchdowns so he's not just a Heisman he's one of the best College players of all time just like Mariota. The best players in the NFL on average were the best players in college. It's actually very simple: Best college players = best NFL players

#187 Titan Wrath, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  8. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I could literally name 100 players who were the best in the college and probably spent only 4 years in the league till they were out of the league.

I understand the argument, even the worst NFL players at some point were top college players. But the best college players don't always = best NFL players.

#188 Roscoes Wetsuit, Dec 2, 2016
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 5
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Trent Richardson
    RG3 (won Heisman)
    VY
    Reggie Bush (good but not great)

Doesn't always translate

10. JBC

JBC Starter

What records did he smash? He ran for over 2000 yards one season with a total college career of 3591 and 42 tds. Ron Dayne did it twice with a total of 7125 with 71 rushing tds. Barry Sanders holds the single season rushing record with 2628 and holds single season td record with 37. Henry had 2219 with 28 rushing tds in his best year. Melvin Gordon had the second best college season of all time with 2587 (29 rushing tds) and didn't win the Heisman. Sanders, Gordon, and Dayne have to be in discussion as the best college running back of all time, but one great season at Alabama doesn't put Henry in that discussion. Don't get me wrong, it does appear to me that Henry will be a very good back, but he hasn't done anything yet to be placed on the pedestal you are putting him on.

#190 JBC, Dec 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar