Feed the BEAST!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Wrath, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10ACTyrant

10ACTyrant Starter

i actually don't disagree that he shouldn't be used solely in a 4 minute package though. he needs more touches in general

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

I know the concept. I watched EG do it for years, but that is NOT what is happening right now, so trying to use him in a 4 minute situation is not the right place for him. That is what this entire talk has been about - not about his use for the entire game. If it were me, I would start him and sit Murray.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Explain it to brave.....if you can.

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I'll admit, it doesn't seem like Henry has been used as Mularkey said... But again, how many times have we had a reasonable lead in 4 min situations?

Either way, MORE HENRY, especially while Murray seems to be banged up.

Henry falls forward for a few yards more often than not, even when hit early. If the clock is ticking and runnings is what you want, I see no disadvantage to running Henry at them.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Titan Wrath

Titan Wrath Starter

Okay, it's time to cut the crap, I've had it up to my eyeballs with the BS..... Henry NEEDS TO START!!!! He is the best RB on our team and possibly the league. It is a utter and total damn shame he didn't start this year in the NFL if you guys don't know I'm here to tell you he is a HOF caliber back, he's better than that other rookie in Dallas who is leading the league in rushing. Henry far outperformed Zeke last year despite the fact he faced 9 top ranked teams compared to the 3 ranked teams Zeke had to face thus the reason Henry won the damn HEISMAN so if anybody wants to argue with me please do I'll bury you but if you agree please start making a ruckus to end this atrocity of coaching from Mularkey to not recognize Henry is the Titans true #1.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Henry also didnt have the benefit of a mobile QB and a gimmick offense to keep defenses back like Zeke did

but now that theyre both tearing it up at the NFL level, its pointless in going back to college. Zeke is a tremendous player in his own right..

But yea Henry over Murray at this point..

7. JBC

JBC Starter

Like most positions in football, great college rbs don't always translate to great pro rbs. Example: Ron Dayne (also won the Heisman). It does appear that Henry is on track to be a very good NFL back, but he hasn't done enough in the NFL to quantify any claims that he is better than Murray at this point. There is more to playing the position than merely running with the football. Murray is part of the reason Mariota hasn't been sacked nearly as much as he was last season. Henry will get his time in the future, but Murray is one of the top 3 backs in the league this year.

What Henry has done in College means nothing in the NFL. I get that the Alabama fans on this forum want to see him play, but he isn't in the SEC anymore. Just be a little patient. He will get his time. Hopefully he will be the next great Titans back. No one can claim he is the best back in the league until he proves he is.

BTW, I am not a fan of any College team. No biased opinion here.

8. Titan Wrath

Titan Wrath Starter

What's pointless is you pointing out the fact that Ron dayne was a heisman turned flop when these were the running backs that won the Heisman before him just to name a few: Bo Jackson, Eddie George, Barry Sanders, Hershel Walker, Ricky Williams and Marcus Allen. So I'm pretty sure those guy's all panned out pretty good in the NFL so if you want to be the idiot who brings the argument of the NFL being totally different than college than be my guest, you'll just continue to be an idiot that's all.

9. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

I think you're off on this assessment. RB is by far the easiest position to transition from college to the pro's.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Relax bro

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar