FedEX POY voting is biased

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

There is another thread on this forum with a link to NFL.com where you can vote for the FedEX air and ground player of the year, so, being the huge Titan and CJ fan that I am, followed the link to vote for my favorite Titan. While voting, I decided to enjoy some of CJ's highlights that NFL.com posted on that page. When I went to click on CJ's highlight reel, I noticed something. CJ's highlights were only from week 17, and Adrian Peterson, who is also a canidate, had highlights for his whole season. I immediatlely thought that this wouldn't be fair to CJ because 1, the seahawks game was not CJ's best performance of the year, and 2, Adrian Peterson got a whole years worth of highlights to show all of his good plays.

So already a little bit pissed off, I decided to watch both highlight reels to see if CJ was really going to be given the shaft like that. CJ's highlight reel consisted of a couple of short touchdown runs, the boring announcers acting very unenthusiastic, a couple first down runs, and his fumble. Now I am a little mad.

So I then click on Adrian Peterson's highlight reel, and guess what, not only did his video feature this whole season, but they also gave him cool music and did not show even 1 of his fumbles when he lead the league in that category.

They also gave Peyton Manning a whole years worth of highlights while leaving Brees, Favre, and MJD with just one week.

So who do you think the NFL wanted to win? I'll tell you... It is obvious they wanted Peterson and Manning to win. It is so unbelivably biased that its just getting pathetic. And the sad part is that most people that aren't a fan of any of those teams will probably vote for who ever has the best highlight reel.

I know that this award is meaningless, but its just another example of how the league just wants their certain "poster boys" to win everthing. Just like Manning winning another MVP or Tom Brady and the Come Back Player of the year. It just makes me sick.:grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:

Oh well, just needed to get it of my chest.

2. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

If you put together a highlight real for CJ's WHOLE season, it'd be over 20 minutes long if you added transitions/music/slow-motion...NFL.com video editors are just too lazy.

Another reason why CJ was the best player in the league.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Weird, I'd think FedEx would be biased towards C.J. winning considering their world headquarters are also in TN.

But who cares about these corporate sponsored awards. If its not MVP it's crap.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They aren't based in Nashville, and much of the rest of TN hates the Titans, if they aren't Colts fans.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

hahahahah dont worry man. he went over 2k - he will get teh award.

the one im concerned about is really the OPOY award. brees w/ his sick percentage and lack of previous awards might steal it from him like matt stole the roy award last season.

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

FedEx is more concerned with controversy (like you have seen and reported) than they are awarding anyone with anything. Their entire purpose is getting their name out there, and whoever started this thread (I'm too lazy to scroll up) is probably doing exactly what they want. If all they get to do is hand someone a trophy and get no exposure out of it, their advertising team has failed.

7. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Why does a lot of the state "hate" the Titans? Memphis in particular, it's been 13 years, get over it and support the team. I support the Grizz. Anyway it appears Cj wants the award:

ChrisJohnson28: Just voted for 40 straight mins for THA MAN @chrisjohnson28. LETS get him this FedEx Ground Player of the Year, http://twurl.nl/53w7mj

8. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

I've noticed most big cities where another city in the same state has a pro team and their city doesn't...that city usually hates that Pro team. I think it is just jealousy and in Memphis's case it is magnified by the Tennessee Oilers leaving Memphis for Nashville.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea other big cities within the state get jealous, that's all. And especially when Memphis got teased with the Titans, that didn't help. Memphis is huge so they felt they should have the team. I'm from Memphis, but I love the Titans. Even if they were in Jackson or Knoxville I'd still love the team. But maybe that's because now I'm out of the state.

I know the Patriots were looking to come to Connecticut before they settled in Foxborough, MA. A lot of people around here resent the Pats for that reason. But we're so close to the city that most are New York fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar