Favre to Retire Again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

You're John Madden? ...sweet?!

Favre was a great QB who did many amazing things back in his day. But I hate when people talk about him like he was a god playing football with mere mortal men. This last year alone was enough to cause me to turn off Sportscenter anytime they had one of their many Favre clips. He's a has been and now I'm glad we can finally move on.

2. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eKgPY1adc0A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think it's because we've all heard his retirement saga for three straight years, and it get so much coverage during the offseason it gets on everone's nerves.

That and he acted like such a prima dona leaving green bay this offseason. I really think Bret came off looking like a *****.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

couldn't have said it any better myself

5. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

I'm 23 and when I was growing up in my teen years Brett Favre was my guy. He was the Qb I wanted to be when I played Qb at my high school. (it didnt turn out so good but oh well) I like the guy a lot, but what I hate is the fact that If your going to retire... RETIRE! Im glad he is not doing the whole press conference and crying for 30 minutes this year. We love you favre sux you had to go to the Jets!

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

he is better than Collins , no ?

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Anyone that wants to hate on Favre is fine by me. The whole retirement issue and the Green Bay thing... that crap is annoying and he acts like such a peckerwood about it. It's easy to forget about all cool stuff he did. The New York Jets don't even factor into the equation for me. They played their game that day and won big. I don't hate Brett for that. If anything, that's what I have liked about him. He was doing his job. Good for him. I just hate the retirement business and everything he caused at Green Bay. It really sucked for that team to have to deal with his sense of entitlement.

As much as I hate him if somehow we get desperate to get a real quarterback in our training camp if Brett Favre is released and a free agent (I think he is under contract with New York) I would say go ahead and go for it if Collins ends up get signed away via free agency. I'd rather stick with the guy who has done the time here but yes, the sad fact is that I would eagerly greet Brett Favre to camp...

and I'll tell you why...

Brett Favre is a magic genie lamp for back up quarterbacks. He TRANSFORMS people. History does not lie!

http://www.packers.com/history/fast_facts/brett_favre_backups/

Detmer, Brunell, Warner, Hasselbeck... the list goes on. Brett Favre is a serviceable quarterback manufacturing machine. I wonder what he could do for Simms, or maybe, just maybe wonderboy genius Young? Sign Brett Favre? **** yeah sign Brett Favre. Why the hell not?

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Not at this point. He's a turnover machine, Collins has managed to keep it under control, which is all we ask. We don't need 6 TDs in a game we're going to win anyway.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

but he's a gunslinger! :duckrun:

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He has to be. ESPN said so!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar