Favre or Rodgers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

If was GB management, I would go with Rodgers and move on, they have Brohm waiting in the wings as well.

Favre is their best chance to win a SB? when was the last time GB won a SB with Favre? 12 years ago? True they came close last year, but it was Favre's INT that ended it.

Time to move on and see if Rodgers can get them one.

GB has got a good young defense and good players in the WR's and Grant at RB, I think they'll be fine without Favre.

• High Five High Five x 1

#90 Camp Fodder

Favre?

It seems the Packers don't want him back. Could a team not in the division trade for him, and then turnaround and trade him over to the Vikings for more than they gave the Packers. I can't see a prohibition against it.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The Packers can put stipulation in the trade agreement (similar to what we did with the Cowboys in the Pacman trade) if they are concerned about this. I just don't see it happening.

I think the Packers will hold on to Favre until the 1st QB goes down during the pre-season and then trade him away.

If Vince suffered a serious knee injury that ruled him out for the season in the first pre-season game, would you want to trade for Favre?

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Yes, although it would depend on what we had to give up. I think we could win the SB this year if we had Favre, and then, we could trade him again unless he retired for good. We have the cap room, and if Favre came in next week, he could know the playbook well enough to start at the latest in Week 3.

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Campbell is not much better. Yet another season of the Redskirts throwing a ton of money at the FA market and still sucking. Do you plan to beat any teams in division this season? I doubt it. :hmm:

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Are you retarded? It amazes me how people forget about 16 years of being the most passionate, emotional, and one of the greatest ever to step on the field just because he can't decide if he wants to retire or not. Saying that Favre has no character is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Did you happen to see the family day game? I know its only a scrimmage and preseason doesn't mean anything, but I would bet everything I've got that Favre would have done better then 7-20 and two picks. Rodgers looked like a chump against what was more or less the GB second team defense. Play Favre and win, or play Rodgers and miss any chance at success in the post season...if they even make it. That's the choice GB has on their hands. Is making a statement to a player worth throwing away your chances at victory? Hell no its not, don't be crazy, don't be stubborn. To all the people who selected 'Aaron Rodgers' on this poll, reread the question: Who gives GB a better chance at winning...not being successful for 8 more seasons. If it was about the future in GB I'd be right behind the Aaron Rodgers movement, but it's about the now, and there is a huge question mark hanging over Rodgers' head as opposed to a HOF entry over Favre's. Choice is clear...

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

One scrimmage doesn't lead me to that conclusion.

You do make good points in your post though.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

While I was attending Auburn, I thought Campbell sucked. I always dogged on him. But I ate my words when he went undefeated with Auburn. He's the played I've been the most wrong about that I can remember.

I think he will be good. They may not win the division or make the playoffs, but I think Campbell will play nice %, low risk football.

And if you were a QB, wouldn't you love to be in his position:

Clinton Portis at RB, with solid backups.
    Santana Moss, Antwaan Randel-El, Chris Cooley for your top receiving targets. Add 3 more in the second round of this draft: Devin Thomas WR, Malcolm Kelly WR, Fred Davis TE.

The O-line may be question mark, as they are aging.

But he's gotta love the position he is in.

10. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Perhaps you don't pay close attention much, there are plenty of dumb things said.

Retarded?

It is a simple opinion, and one shared by many, probably even the GB front office.

Favre has acted like an attention whore in the media. He changes his position on retirement like a politician flip flops about anything else.

A man with character and maturity would not have acted as he has acted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar