Favre comments on the McNair situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tonye209, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triumph

Triumph I keed, I keed...

Hey c'mon...Brett Favre is a great guy!!...
    FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Dat "monday morning quarterback" commercial musta got stuck in hees head...tell us, o mitey Brett, what would you have done to you eef you were an aging quarterback who couldn't feegure out when to retire to your ranch in Meesaseepi and queet yankin your fans' chain? Maybe you know somteeng about dat?
    Hee should mind hees own beesness...like making sure dat John Madden ees pressing and folding hees underwear correctly.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Chattanooga... yup. Chatta-Vega$... :greedy:
    sorry... my attention whoring :banned: just had to rep.

UT MOCS made T.O.:sad2:

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

This "he has been the face of the franchise so he deserves better" is a bunch of crap. Sure he was, but we also paid him very well for his services. We drafted him 3rd overall when others might not have and put him in the perfect situation to succeed. He has been a warrior... skipping practices and not putting in the extra effort. We paid him more than he was worth for a long time. Now we want to pay him what his current value is. Why should we pay him more ?

4. Exactly, why pay him more than he's worth

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

I don't think that would really matter. Even if the Titans had enough cap room to give McNair the money he wants, I really doubt that they'd give it to him.

Bottom line is that McNair isn't worth what he is asking, and no NFL team or organization in the world is going to throw away millions of dollars in a mediocre investment no matter how wealthy they are.

6. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

I would agree with most of that, in my statement I was addressing the Vet/Cap situation as a whole and not just his case.... I never expected that they would pay up in full to Steve or that they should. Why dont you have a look at the Yankees payroll and rethink your statement about how much a Team will throw around - its only a mediocre investment unless it works, You Could be in a situation with enough cap room to have two big time vets backing up your youthfull draft pick and still pay those guys enough money to keep them happy. Not that they should, but they could!

7. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Yes, they could, but they won't. It's very easy for us to be on the other side of the fence, and think about how everything should be handled and what a team should or shouldn't do. But if you were the owner of the Titans and it was your money, would you really pay a guy millions and millions of dollars just to see him happy? or would you pay him based on his performance?

As for the Yankees, I don't understand what you mean. I've never seen the Yankees throwing money around/overpaying for mediocre players. Every year they are willing to do whatever it takes to get/buy a championship, so they try to get the best of the best - either they get a very good established player or a player coming from a great season. Whether some of these players end up being a bust or not, it's another issue, because they were originally investing in a player that looked good. And they never hesitate to drop a player that didn't perform as expected.

8. ilincoln

ilincoln Camp Fodder

I am on the other side of the fence and yes i might overpay a player if i wanted to, thats what owners get to do. The yankees who havnt won a championship since they went over 100 million in payroll... and didnt get out of the first round last year with those "best of the best" players... hmm ok - looked like a mediocre team to me. All this is based on if you believe steve is done or if there is anything left in the tank... i dont know, i hope he has something left

9. brett farve is going back to the packers this year, i saw it on the news this morning

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Yep, another year where the Packers won't make the playoffs, and rodgers won't get enough time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar