Favorite Scene from Star Wars 4 - A New Hope

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 24, 2007.

?
  1. Leiah and Luke swing across the chasm to platform

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Trash Compactor

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Luke finds out his aunt and uncle are dead - gets light saber

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. "I don't know kid. Do you think the Princess and a guy like me..?" "NO"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lightsaber: Obi Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vader

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Han Solo meets Greedo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Darth Vader Entrance

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. DeathStar Trench Run by X-wing (s)

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. Han Solor chases Storm Troopers, dead end, then they chase him

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  10. Darth Vader Chokes officer

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yep...at that time, the special effects were indeed special. They're not any more.

In the meantime, people still dump on CGI for being fake. Well, it's necessary for modern filmmaking. Without it, you can't have X-Men, Hellboy, Terminator 2, The Matrix, LOTR, Transformers, etc, etc.
    You couldn't even have Forrest Gump :eek:
    Instead you'd still be stuck with Clash Of The Titans, with it's white line around blue-screened objects and claymation Medusas.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Hold up, dawg...you're saying you could grasp the movie and it's effects at 3 years old??

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

it IS Starkiller after all.

4. Hey, it's not as if I was studying the use of mythology or analyzing the symbolism. Even 3 year olds can see whether special effects look realistic or not...

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm sure that began the next year.:grrhee:

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm 30 but I don't really remember seeing Star Wars as a kid (must have been 79). My mom said I liked it a lot, and it was one of the 1st movies to really grab my attention. Guess I saw it again when I was maybe 7 or 8 and I was hooked.

It'll always be a bit of a bummer that the newer movies didn't have the same magic.

7. Nah... I'm pretty sure I was at least 6 by then... :ha:

8. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I remember my friends and their mom dragging me to see it, I was prob 8, had no idea what I was about to see, but after the movie, boo ya, I needed me some stars stuff. The mom took us to sears and we bought all kinds of lunch pails and cups and crap.

I also remember my friend telling me that Darth was his father after the second movie came out, but I refused to believe him, lol.

I had:
    Snowspeeder - my favorite
    Hoth planet
    Darth chamber
    Milennium Falcon

My favorite action figure was the snow trooper. Then Boba Fett of course.

As far as special effects. They still do not look too bad. Once you are into the story you don't notice anything if you ask me. The character acting was so much better in 4 it makes you want more. Solo is so funny.

"I love you." Leiah.
    "I know." Han Solo.
    Cardon freeze.

lol.

Anyway, the effects are still decent in my opinion. What you have to like is the realism they provided. Dirty robots, loose hardware on the ship, grime, and great detail. It felt real. In the theater, the chracters are what sealed the deal. They were pefectly written and every character played off the other. It is amazing to see how bad of an actor some of them became, because everyone had their A game in the episode 4. Even Luke and Leiah. But Solo, Vader, and Obi carried the movie.

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Remember, it's always best to let the wookie win :ha:

[​IMG]

10. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar