Favorite Samurai Flicks?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by KamikaZ, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

In the spirit and anticipation of some very good action flicks coming, I have just recently revisited my Samurai Film collection (which, on some days if you ask me, might be my most enjoyed genre of film). Anyway, I was curious if we had any other fans in the building; I'm pretty sure this came up in a lonnng ago thread.

Here are my favs:

1. Seven Samurai
    2. Sword of Doom
    3. Samurai Assassin
    4. Yojimbo
    5. Samurai Rebellion
    6. Ugetsu Monogatari
    7. Throne Of Blood
    8. Kagemusha
    9. Sanjuro
    10. Twighlight Samurai

Just missed the cut: Kill!, Harakari, Hidden Fortress, Gate Of Hell, Heaven and Earth

I left Rashoman and Ran off the list, as I don't consider them samurai films really.

Anyway, discuss!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Tom C's The Last Samurai is the only film I've seen along this line and I thought it was pretty good, but it didnt even get mentioned in your list so that goes to show how little I know.

3. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Does Kill Bill count?

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think it should, considering it was an homage to all the old samurai movies.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

1. Seven Samurai (it seems boring placing this at the top... but any other answer is just wrong)
    2. Yojimbo
    3. Sword of Doom
    4. Throne Of Blood
    5. Seppuku
    6. The Samurai Trilogy
    7. Samurai Assassin
    8. Kagemusha
    9. Shurayukihime
    10. this spot goes to the old Zatoichi movies... they're all great

edit: reconsidered the order

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There are very few i don't like.

Can we lump in the bruce lee movies with those? Hey i know chinese japanese not the same but that's what kill bill was folks squaring off and fighting all the time. Good vs evil.

Enter the dragon the 2nd best samarai flick ever!

I loved the last samarai. I think there is a lot of interest in the moral codes and almost monastic type lifestyle that comes with being a samarai warrior.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

of all movie genres, why choose to discuss Samurai movies? The only good timeless classic is Seven Samurai. Excellent movie.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

:ha:

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I am sad to say I have never even seen any movies on your list! I would like to see Seven Samari though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar