Favorite Comedian...

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by BigRed3, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Dane is much easier to take in movies than onstage for me anyway. Obviously, if it makes you laugh don't deny yourself - there's folks like me who almost lost a lung laughing so hard watching Borat then there's folks that walked out of the theater saying it wasn't even comedy at all... No accounting for taste..

2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

That's true, everyone has their own tastes. I'm not really familiar with Dane's film career. He had a small role in the movie Waiting... as a cook, and he was kind of funny I guess, probably because he was kept to a minimum. If the entire movie was just two hours of his character, that movie would have been terrible. I watched the Insomniac Tour on Comedy Central a few weeks ago, and didn't think he was that funny at all. His Vicious Circle special on HBO wasn't all that funny to me. The only thing that i've seen of Dane Cook that I thought was pretty funny was his Comedy Central Presents special, and that was before he became overexposed and his schtick became stale.

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Robin Williams is the best, but all the others named rank up there close.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I thought Dane Cook was funny when people didn't know about him. His newer stuff isn't nearly as good. Like BigRed, I thought his original comedy central standup special was great.

There are a lot of very funny, lesser known comics today. Anyone in Nashville ever go to Zanies? I've seen a bunch of people there. Sadly, knoxville doesn't have a comedy club, so I have to go without during the school year.

Pablo Francisco, Stephen Lynch, Mitch Hedburg, Lewis Black, Gary Gulman, I've seen them all in person, and they're a lot of fun.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I once saw Jay Leno at Zanies. Been a while ago...

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I bet.

I met a rep from Zanies earlier this summer, and bought some "supersaver" passes from him. For 20 bucks, I got 6 tickets to any non special engagement show between now and January!

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Whatever happened to Andrew Dice Clay?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

now there is a great comic i forgot all about. i'd say he is number three on my list right behind carlin and pryor

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

who cares..he sucked and BTW he will be in Nashville soon for a show

to bad Comedians have to use lots of cussing to get folks to laugh. Guess that is why I liked the ones from yrs ago...Red Skelton, Laurel and Hardy, Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello (who's on 1st has to ranked as one of the best skits ever)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar