Favorite Alcohol

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KamikaZ, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

What is your favorite alcohols, guys and gals? I always like to find new things to try at the home and at the club, so gimme your list. Note, I'm primarily a rum man, but I dabble in vodka and whiskey, but am fairly green with the others. I hate beers, but don't hesitate to try and change my mind.

Rum:

Pyrat Grand Reserve (The best dark rum I've ever come across. A bit harsh straight when drank by the unfamilar, but can be mixed with most rum-friendly beverages for a suberb drink. Makes the best Rum and Coke I've ever had. Classic, but easy to find only in the Carribean!)

Flora De Cana - 4 Year (A Nicaraguan dark rum that an Ex-girlfriend put me on. A personal favorite. Suberb Mojito base if that's your thing, but is great straight. Goes down smooth and burns in your chest like a spirit should. If you can get your hands on it here (about $30 for 1L), buy it in a heartbeat.

Cruzan Single Barrel (Sleeper hit with me. Reasonably priced. Is real creamy, but still has a very strong flavor. Get it if you can.)

Neisson Rum (One of the few rums made from the juice of sugar cane—as opposed to molasses—which gives it a more polished, refined character. Price y (I bought it for a friend, and it was like $60), but still pretty nice.

Vodka:

This is easy...

Grey Goose (Call me a sucker for good marketing, but I truely believe that this vodka is the best around. Very smooth and goes down like water; I literally forget I'm drinking a spirit when I'm drinking this on the rocks. Not as harsh as many expect vodkas to be. Is very expensive ($60 for a full handle, even more expensive at the club), but worth it every once in a while)

Chopin (Polish and distilled from potatoes (as opposed to the much more widely embraced Grain distilled). I joke that it is Goose's arch-nemesis (yeah, I nerd out like that). This one has it all; the smoothest and probably best tasting vodka around. I prefer the Goose, but this is just as expensive in most cases, so I get it just as much when I want something as polished as this).

So, gimme y'alls preferences. Wine is also welcome, something I like, but know very little about.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yuengling lager is my favorite.

3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Grey Goose gets the girls loose :icon_spin

4. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

Jim Beam Black Label

White Label for economical purposes though.

5. SuperVince

SuperVince Camp Fodder

[​IMG]

shine is a personal fav., very cheap and doesn't take all that much

6. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon is the best I have tasted. It's hard to find.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

Rocks and wet if you don't usually drink scotch. The single malt makes it incredibly smooth- just rocks if you drink a blend normally.

Excellent by the fireside. Chicks dig the aroma.

8. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I think I've tried that. Isn't it a local brew in Philly?

Boag's Premium beer is my clear drink of choice. Anyone who has been stupid enough to try that Foster's crap shouldn't be put off Australian beers because of it. It is a poor imitation of good Australian beer.

They do great ads too.....

http://www.boags.com.au/Files/00191-Advertising.asp

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Are there any alcoholic beverages that actually taste good? Other than 'cheer-leader' beers and mixed drinks? I can't stand the taste of alcohol. Might be a good thing. Rum/Pineapple juice might be my fave. Beer, I'd just drink pee. It's cheaper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar