Favorite Actor

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

In order, divided by Front-Men (aka ability to be a strong LEAD) and Character Actor (aka ability to create masterful supporting characters). These are all actors who have done meaningful, premier work in the past few years.

Front-Men:

Christian Bale (It's a close race, and he's dwindled in my mind lately. But he's still the best, and has the best potential projects down the line).

Leonardo DiCapprio
    Edward Norton
    Morgan Freeman
    Jack Nicholson
    Phillip Seymour Hoffman
    Daniel Day Lewis (His performance in There Will Be Blood trumps any performance the above men have ever done...)

Character Actors:

Javier Bardem (I dare you to find one better...)
    Benecio Del Toro
    Steve Buscemi
    Gary Oldman
    Luis Tosar
    John Turtoro
    John Ortiz
    Paul Giomotti
    James GandolfiniJosh Brolin
    Sergi López
    Chiwetel Ejiofor

You'll notice I have a lot more character actors, and that's simpily because I enjoy character performances more.

2. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Bardem was amazing in No country...

but I haven't enjoy a lot of his other performances. I have heard that his best work has been in spanish films. I don't speak the language so, understandably, I haven't seen many of those.

Buschemi on the other hand... I love that man. He's one of the reasons I took the time to study the craft instead of simply performing.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Bardem's best work is in spanish. He can barely speak english without a script.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Emile Hirsch & Ryan Gosling are two of the better up & coming actors today.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I didn't buy Emile as the tough guy in Alpha Dog but he was perfect in Dogtown..

This guy, Joe Hursley is a total character. Actor (Accepted, RE Extinction but you probably know him best from his Wendy's commercial) - The singer for the LA band The Ringers, Stand-up comic...
    They definitely need to him in more movies.

[​IMG]

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Anyone seen 'Into the Wild'?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar