Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Favorite Actor

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Creeping-Cruds, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,899
    tell that to the creators of Evan Almighty.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    DiCaprio.

He has accomplished, in an incredibly short period of time, what has taken other actors decades to achieve: worldwide fame, incredible success, and acceptance as a great actor. The Departed and Blood Diamond have taken him up another level.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,600
    Well it has been 14 years since Gilbert Grape (and he was doing stuff long before that on TV etc.). I think there's a fair share of actors out there who have met your criteria within a decade and a half. He may be Scorsese's current boy, but he sho nuff aint no Deniro (at least Scorsese's Deniro)...
    • Staff / Moderator

Broken Record Biscuit Eater

Stewart
    Moolah:
    $290
    There are a lot of great ones, but my favorite is probably Jimmy Stewart. I believe his best role was as Elwood P. Dowd in Harvey. He was also excellent as Ransom Stoddard in The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.
  3. TitanKid4Life Guest

adam sandler
    will smith
    tom cruise
    shia labeuf
    denzel washington
  4. moose4now Starter

Moolah:
    $55
    I'd say either Pacino or DeNiro.
  5. PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Moolah:
    $0
    Denzel Washington easily my favorite actor. He makes every movie great.

Some of his best - Training Day, Man on Fire, Remember the Titans, and Crimson Tide to name a few.
  6. TNThunder Guest

I agree with Stewart, and he was actually a real flier in WWII, which made most of his flying roles very realistic. Spirit of St. Louis was great. In that era, you also had Robert Mitchum (favorite quote "Stick with me baby and you'll be farting through silk"), William Holden, Richard Widmark, David Attenborough, Sean Connery, Lee Marvin, Robert DeNiro, Tommy Lee Jones, Samuel Jackson, Russell Crowe, Will Smith and Bruce Willis.
  7. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,833
    Alltime and now..

Alltime- bogey, james stewart, edward g robinson..

Bogey in the 1930s was a tough guy character actor in many gangster films playing in support of edward g robinson. By the way those 3 actors combined won just 2 best actor oscars. Bogey in the maltese falcon and stewart one just one in a supporting role in philadelphia story.

Today my favorite actor is morgan freeman who always seems to be brilliant in interesting movies. He and gene hackman are fantastic in "under suspicion" even though the movie is flawed somewhat.

Deniro of course, but mostly for what he did 20-30 years ago. His oscar winning role in godfather 2 in which he learns to speak italian is classic.

I don't know if any actor could have done more with 2 consecutive roles than tom hanks did with philadelphia and forest gump. To go from playing a man dying of aids to a mildly retarded southern guy is so extreme. Physically the roles are so different.
  8. Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Moolah:
    $13
    1:Dustin Hoffman
    2:Tom Hanks
    3:Leonardo DiCaprio
    4:Edward Norton
    5:Al Pacino
    6:Robert Deniro
    7:Robin Williams
    8:Clint Eastwood
    9:Eddie Murphy