Faulk HOF and eddie

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I was wondering, after watching all the marshall faulk nut hugging going on, whether eddie would be a HOF'er if the Titans had won the SB instead of falling one yard short. Don't get me wrong, faulk is a HOF'er no doubt about it, but if the Titans had been victorious I have to think that eddie would be getting this honor soon, where as I don't think he will ever get in without a ring. Same probably goes for McNair.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

You're probably right, but I do think Eddie (and Steve) could make it in somewhere down the road.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I think it would still be iffy even with a ring. I think you should be one of the transcendent players of your generation to be in the hall. Eddie was very good, not great. Same with McNair.

4. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

As much as it pains me to say it... I've looked at stats for both Eddie and McNair... and I just don't see it. I don't think they are HOFers.

I think Skip Bayless puts it best regarding the Hall of Fame: If you have to think/debate about it, then they're probably not a Hall of Famer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

There have been plenty of decent players who get in the Hall of Fame like 30 years after they retire.

It's possible.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm with bigtitan. George and McNair would've fallen short of the HoF even with a ring. Obviously winning the SB definitely wouldn't have hurt their chances. But at the end of the day it still would've been just one championship. Multiple championships might have pushed them over the edge though.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

To put it nicely: not even close. Look at HOF running back numbers. Emmit Smith. Walter Payton. Joe Brown. Barry Sanders. Eddie George? He's just not on that level. He was a lion, but if played for another team I doubt we'd think too much of him.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

If it was Heart of Fame, they would make it with ease. They are Hall of Fame material in my books, but I don't think they will get it based off of stats.

But, they are both Hall of Fame players in the heart of the Titan faithful.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

wouldn't have hurt to get 2000 yds lol. Like CJ has a great chance of getting in if he just has a decent career from here on out. 2000yds, yds from scrimmage leader multiple pro bowls. If he just continues getting 1200+ he's a shoe in. Even without a ring. It's not all about rings. It's about the impact you leave on the game.

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Nope, neither Eddie or Steve will be there. Sorry, but they weren't Hall of Fame players. Great players for the Oilers/Titans, Yes.......Hall of Famers, No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar