Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Fat Phil gets a raise!!????

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KTOWN TITAN, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    I wonder who recruited those players to UT in the first place?

:doh:
  1. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $652
    Obviously, it was someone other than Fulmer, since he is obviously incompetent. Apparently the only way a coach can be successful is to:

1) Recruit lower level talent than your peers.

2) Win every game.
  2. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,294
    This is the realization that hit me; every team that wins the National Championship has good players! :bonk:
  3. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $652
    Yeah...we know Pete Carrol and Mack Brown won championships with mid-level talent.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 PSL Owner

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,457
    Sorry you guys seem to completely miss the point.

Any average to good coach SHOULD win conference and/or national championships with the players the 97' and 98' Vols had.

Excellent coaches win with less talent.

And of course I know Fulmer recruited those players and that is what really makes him standout, his recruiting ability. Recruiting does not equal coaching though.

I never called him incompetent, I never called him out on his recruiting ability, and I never said championship teams didn't have good players. But thanks for making baseless assumptions.
  4. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $652
    I see what you are trying to say Alex, but are you holding Pete Carroll, Jim Tressel or Mack Brown and the other coaches to the same standard? All of those teams were loaded with exceptionally top rated recruiting classes and all were loaded with players that went on to the NFL.
  5. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    http://www.houmatoday.com/article/2...nferences_are_the_NFL_s_starters_coming_from_

Yep, SEC is way overrated. The fact that it's producing far and away more NFL starters isn't relevant. That's STARTERS, not draft picks, but players who actually have a starting position on an NFL team. Also note, TN leads the SEC.
  6. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $16,007
    Ok, by 'everyone' I mean honest fans that don't have wood for fat guys in orange.
  7. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $652
    By everyone you mean the vast minority of the 100,000+ that show up every game.
  8. KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Moolah:
    $0
    100,000 would show up if they bombed sucked. There will be 100,000 people at the UAB game me included. We Tennessee fans will show up to watch anything.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.