Fat Phil gets a raise!!????

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KTOWN TITAN, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Are you :guzzle:???

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Haynesworth was part of the 1999 recruiting class and Henderson was 1998, so neither were factors in those years

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

SEC Championship this season.

Georgia/Florida vs Auburn

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Oh yeah, I stand corrected. I was just throwing names out there without looking anything up. But I think my point still stands, that without a ridiculous amount of football talent, Fulmer's had a hard time winning championships.

The 98' Vols did have Shaun Ellis, which I didn't list. I could also add Travis Stephens, Dwayne Goodrich, Eric Westmoreland, Travis Stephens, Cedrick Wilson, Shawn Bryson, and Raynoch Thompson as other Vols that played in the NFL. None of them had tremendous success, but still, those 1997, 1998 Tennessee teams were absolutely stacked with talent.

Oh yeah, Leonard Little played for the 97 team as well.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I understand what you are saying, but isn't that true with every team that wins a championship? How stacked was LSU? Or USC? Or Texas? They all had NFL talent. I know some don't like Fulmer and are vocal about it, but if you are going to get on him about his downfalls, you have to credit him for his successes. Like it or not, he brought the first National Championship in over 40 years at UT. But some fans, seems mostly young, just like to be negative for the sake of being negative.

6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Negative for the sake of it? Weird I'm not negative about any of the other teams I cheer for. Not UT basketball, The Griz, Preds, Braves or Titans...... Nope I'm pretty positive on all those. There must be something different.... about the football team. Here is what I am opposed to. What I'm negative about. I'm just opposed to ten years of NOTHING. SEC losses and embarrassing beat downs. THREE trips to Atl and the vols walked away with nothing. I don't mind crediting the successes of Fulmer despite the fact they happened a decade ago. I don't consider making it to Atlanta a success. You need to win that game every decade or so...

7. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Sorry, but some kid who uses personal insults, has an avatar of the school mascot with a paper bag over it's head and the comment "hating the Vols everyday" is no fan of UT.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Possibly. I'm really unsure about exactly how many players from those NCAA champions went pro. I can name the obvious ones, but I'm too lazy to look up the drafts each year and check it out.

No doubt though, it goes hand in hand. But still, Fulmer (or any coach) shouldn't need half his starters to be future NFL probowlers to win SEC Championships and make it to BCS games.

And it's no stretch to say that our outdated offense has been one of the downfalls of UT football in the 2000s.

And Fulmer's had an absolute collapse of a season much more recently than a national championship. And exactly how long does a National championship buy you as a coach? I mean Fulmer will always be a UT legend, but does he get a pass to be head coach until he wants to retire?

9. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I am a huge fan, student and supporter of the University of Tennessee. Sorry but I am more than just a football fan. I am a fan of the University. Furthermore I'm not a kid. I am a married man(6 weeks now!) My wife just finished her second degree at Tennessee and I will be done in a couple years. The University is a huge part of my life which is maybe why I am so passionate about the football team. I feel the football team represents me, the University and the rest of the state. I do not like what Tennessee football has become and currently I do not like direction in which it is moving. Tennessee is better than the mediocrity it is currently stuck in and I feel Phillip(Fat) is the cause. I'm sorry insulting the coach somehow makes me not a fan. I'm sorry a dog with a bag on his head makes me less of a fan. I think the fact I speak my mind(insults and all) makes me more passionate of a fan than anyone who sits on their hands while Tennessee becomes the definition of mediocrity in the SEC. I support the University always. Phillip Fulmer is not the University. A hunting dog is not the University. Fulmer represents my University as the coach of the football team and I do not feel he does it well on or off the field. I appreciate what he has done for the school and I hope even after he is done coaching that will continue to be a big part of the school. I just want to see a change and it doesn't look like it is gonna happen anytime soon.

10. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

It buys him as long as he wants. I think the best chance for Phil to ride off into the sunset will be when he gets the record for wins at the University. He could do it in three years. Two if he does something special.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar