Fat Phil gets a raise!!????

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by KTOWN TITAN, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought the Vols played in the SEC Championship last season and gave the National Champions all they could take?
  2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Tennessee tripped and fell then somehow landed in Atlanta. We did not deserve to be there. Sure we gave LSU all they wanted or maybe LSU played down to their competition. In the end we lost anyway. That is the third time in a row for those who are counting. People look at the end results of last year and sure it does not look that bad on paper. Look at how we got there. It was UGLY. I would give back the SEC east "title" to get a chance to wipe away those beat downs from Florida and Bama. Last year was shameful and we only got the end result because Vandy, UK and USC couldn't close the deal. Tennessee didn't beat those teams. They beat themselves. I count quality wins. Georgia and Arkansas are the only ones we had last year.
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Thanks to beating enough crappy teams and not playing any better ones. The Vols being in the sec champ game was enough proof that the SEC is overrated as anyone could ever ask for.
    Phil is a terrible coach. He even recruited terribly this season, and without a QB coach he couldn't land Ryan Mallet. The guy chose Arkansas over UT. That alone should have sent Phil packing.
  4. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Better than getting beat by a crappy team...:ha:

[​IMG]
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

6. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

7. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Tennessee didn't beat up on those teams. It was the other way around. We just somehow came out ahead on the scoreboard.
  8. TitanJeff

I'll admit the Vols didn't win games as big as they'd liked but they did hammer Georgia who ended up #2 in the nation and beat a solid Wisconsin team (who also spanked Michigan) in the Outback Bowl.

Of course, your comeback will be to say Georgia was overrated. I guess the Badgers were as well?
  9. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Georgia was not overrated. No Georgia played an awful game that day. I was there. Nothing went their way and Tennessee actually played pretty well. The Badgers were not overrated. Tennessee played well against a good team and came out on top.
  10. TitanJeff

Any way you slice it, 9-3 and winning the SEC East along with a New Year's Day bowl win ain't too shabby. Seriously, how many teams in the nation would not be proud of that? Maybe a handful?

I've had my issues with Fulmer over the years but last season, by anyone's realistic standards, was successful.
    • High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.