Fanspeak 2017, Start mocking!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Alex1939, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Well Woodyard is so bad in pass coverage that he lead our LB'a in passes defended...... again not saying much but stats don't lie. In limited time in passing coverages he managed to lead our LB's in passes defensed. Also had more than Byard.

What were all of those stats just for Eli Apple? I could be wrong on the guy but everytime I watched him play he was giving up catches left and right. Could just be I saw all the bad games. He didn't look great on Sunday night. Had a couple of good plays but also got beat. What were Eli's stats when QB threw his way? For example, a month ago PFF has Apple ranked 73rd out of 91st at his position.... DRC ranked 8th and Jenkins 12th................... Eli was also benched during a game this year because he was playing so bad. Again he's a rookie and he might turn out to be a special player but it's an assumption at this point.

How do you know a team doesn't take VHIII after the Bucs? There could have been teams that would have drafted had he been there. Again, we don't know. That's why it's an assumption.

#51 Dman5TX, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm not going to bet in favor of something I don't want to happen.

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

We don't know what the cost would have been to move up to that spot. We can only assume what it would have been. And we can only assume the Jags wanted to pull the trigger anyway.

4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Then you aren't dead serious so you can do the "shut up" part now :)

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Just because I think something will happen doesn't mean I want it to happen. I'm not going to hope for something to happen that I don't want. What sense does that make? None.

Ramsey>>>>>>>>Hold my Hand Conklin.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Again, using a single stat to make an assumption (like Woodyard led our LB's in pd's) usually gets you the wrong assumption. Woodyard played well in limited spots but he's not good against the pass. He's not even avg.

There is a reason a lot of cb's who are very good don't get a ton of stats. Ppl tend not to throw the ball their way.

Please don't quote me PFF stats or rankings. I think they are useless and have proven it numerous times.

I'll take Spags moving DRC to Nickel in favor of Apple and their vast improvement into DOMINANCE vs the pass that he's at worst a very solid CB. Yes he got beat deep once but he's going thru his own learning curve as did Ramsey. Does Ramsey stink because earlier in the year he gave up a bunch of catches and Derrick Henry ran him over? No.

Again, when there are players we could have taken at 15, 76 and this years 2nd that could fill holes and make this team better, that is not an assumption. You can make the case that any particular player in the draft could have been taken before 15, but you can't make the argument that there were only 14 good players in the draft. So it is a FACT - not an assumption - that signing Schwartz and at worst staying at 15 would have improved the team over where it is right now.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

When not dealing with the top 2 picks in the draft and not dealing with a QB, the trade chart is usually accurate or over priced so we can expect that that is an accurate price or we may have been able to get it cheaper. What we can't assume, is whether the Jags would or would not have traded out of that spot. IE...how badly did they want Ramsey.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Would you post a link on the site with trades?

I forget it.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

"He played well in limited spots. He isn't even average". So he played well but he isn't average.

So you are telling me our LB's didn't get a lot of stats because QB's avoided them?!?? Or did I misread that? As long as that sentence wasn't about QB's avoiding Eli Apple or our LB'a. Or even Darron Lee.

There are articles talking about why he was moved into the slot even though he was playing better. It's common knowledge. They were letting the young kid take his lumps because DRC wasn't going to be around much longer. Not because he was better than him.

You cannot prove that signing Schwartz and drafting someone at 15 has us in the same position we are now. Please prove that the Titans would have won 9 games and lost 7 with whatever cast of characters that you want. You cannot provide actual evidence that this is true. Thus an assumption. It's all hypothetical.

I AM NOT ARGUING THAT WE COULD HAVE FILLED MORE HOLES WITHOUT TRADING BACK UP. I DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVW TO KEEP SAYING THAT. I NEVER ONCE SAID THAT. Maybe the all caps will help :)

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

You aren't man enough to make a bet. That's what it means. At least the other trolls on this board will make bets.

Ramsey needed someone to hold his hand after getting steam rolled by Henry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar